General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What did you do for your hen

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Apr 2014 19:44

/stag night

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 25 Apr 2014 19:50

We didn't have hen nights 40 years ago, but on the night before our wedding, my husband to be went out with all the men and stayed soberish.

Mum and I stayed in and finished getting the food ready, put curlers in my hair and tried a drop of something from quite a few bottles.

I went to sleep sitting up in bed watching the strip of light under my bedroom door waving like the ocean and awoke with my first.....and last hangover :-(

Oh what fun that was :-D :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 25 Apr 2014 22:02

I went out to dinner with a group of my friends.
Hubby didn't bother doing anything for a stag do.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Apr 2014 22:03

there were no stag and hen nights back in the day :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 25 Apr 2014 22:10

I remember very little about it Uzzi, apart from hanging over the railings on Brighton seafront after leaving King's Club :-D

jax

jax Report 25 Apr 2014 22:55

Was dressed up in a bin bag with lots of things stuck on it including the 'L' plates...then went to Covent Garden....wasn't quite as fashionable then as it is now

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Apr 2014 23:29

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow then Hayley :-D <3

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 25 Apr 2014 23:42

one of the girls at work got married last week and she had 3...

1 for her work pals
a week in Spain
and another one for her pals who could go to Spain....... :-0

Thank you Ann <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Apr 2014 00:21

They didn't exist!

OH's colleagues took him down to the pub at lunch time on the Friday. He got plastered and spent the afternoon paying homage to the porcelain god. :-|

Thankfully he didn't have a hangover the next day - he puts it down to a late evening 'last meal' of steak and kidney pudding.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 26 Apr 2014 00:25

Well i had several! reason being i worked for a large high st bank and over 14 odd years had worked in a lot of branches. So i had one night for my banking colleagues, one for my oldest/school friends and my special 4 friends and i spent a weekend in Blackpool!!

I had a fab time at all three . None were really boozy as they involved having meals in a restaurant and then clubbing at only one. I did not have a major hangover as didnt want to break out in spots a week before.

Blackpool was... well...hmmm what can I say. once seen never forgotten lol

We have been married 21 years in july..my how the time has flown by!

Florence
in the hebrides :-)

PS Happy Anniversary Hayley :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Apr 2014 01:18

I went out for dinner with 3 girlfriends...........

kinda funny, because they didn't know I was getting married the next week.

;-)

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 26 Apr 2014 01:29

Well I had a hendo and been married 52 yrs. :-0.....but didn't dress up or go abroad (who did then? ). Myself, sister and friends went to a Chinese restaurant .....very new at the time. ;-)

My 'future husband' and his pals went for a raucous night at local clubs.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Apr 2014 09:50

I didn't have one. I was 4 month pregnant and couldn't drink :-(
.......apart from the daily bottle of stout 'prescribed' by the doctor :-S :-S

Odd thing is, if we went to the pub, I used to drink grapefruit and soda, saving the stout for home consumption!!

I think the ex went to the local pub

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 26 Apr 2014 10:20

Nearly 40 years ago, I went to one local with my Mum, Mother in law to be , future sister in law and three or four friends on the Thursday before.

We all stayed pretty sober, I seem to remember having a couple of vodka and oranges.

My husband and his mates went to another local pub and all turned up rather the worse for wear, including my. Dad and Father in Law. This was around 10 pm as the pubs closed at 10.30. My Mum was very annoyed with them and told them to go away.

My daughter had a big do with her friends at work, went on a long weekend to Brighton with her five closest friends having spa treatments and cocktail making lessons and cream teas and goodness knows what else. The Mums and cousins and sisters in law all went and had tea at Claridges.

That seems to be the norm now, we could only have dreamed of such things, let alone being able to afford them.

M.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 26 Apr 2014 11:02

I used to love seeing the girls from one of the factorys from down the road walking home on Friday teatime dressed up in coats covered in balloons and L plates with their pals during the 70's and 80's. I must say Ive helped a few of the lads from work be dressed up in veils and such like ;-)

Phyll

Phyll Report 26 Apr 2014 11:06

Husband (to be) & I went for a drink with work colleasgues and ended up going home (to our own homes) about 9 0,clock. I remember walking around with a great big copper frying pan given to us.
We have been married for 44 years yesterday 25th.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2014 11:08

I am reporting this thread because it discriminates against us bitter and twisted sour old maids who never had a hen night!

Island

Island Report 26 Apr 2014 12:16

The only difference between a hen night and making a drunken h'arse of yourself is your mates (hens don't have friends ;-) ) do hilarious things like pin an L plate on your back and wear pink bunny ears.
You're missing nowt Sharron.
Cut out the middle man - get yourself some bunny ears and neck a babycham. Sorted.

:-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 26 Apr 2014 12:40

Island sounds like the GR meets we used to have :-D

Island

Island Report 26 Apr 2014 12:49

LOL Hayley.
No bunny ears at the ones I went to - and sober - I think I must have gone to the wrong venue :-0 :-D

meets that is :-D