General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Banned

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 6 Jun 2014 19:47

I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM TESCO!!!............ Yesterday I was at my local Tesco store buying a large bag of My Dog dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Dog Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with My Dog nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter's backside and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. I'm now banned from Tesco. Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say. Forward this now, (especially) to all your mature friends...... it will be their laugh for the day. lmao :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 Jun 2014 19:55

:-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 6 Jun 2014 19:56

:-0 :-0 :-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jun 2014 20:09

that's so funny ;-) ;-)

Stray goes mad with me for pretending to be deaf
and making the assistants shout very load :-D :-D

daft maybe but makes me smile

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jun 2014 20:10

Tesco - if you crack a smile you pay for it :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jun 2014 20:16

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 Jun 2014 20:35

Very good.......... :-D :-D :-D :-D

Looks like the mature friends are all looking Mildred..... :-)

Newby

Newby Report 6 Jun 2014 20:43

OMG ...I just love you our Mildred..
came on here for a quick recky ...this is PRICELESS
XXXXX

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 6 Jun 2014 20:59

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 6 Jun 2014 21:01

You are joking are'nt you...??...l mean did you really tell this poor lady that awful porky and she and Tesco's believed you??

jude :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jun 2014 22:30

Dunno about being banned, I reckon you should've been chained up, in the car park........with a bag of My Dog nuggets tied around your neck!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Jun 2014 23:38

Personally, I think whatever you eat is your own business! :-D

I'm a southerner, but love tripe (a luxury nowadays as no-one down here sells it). If I dare mention a lusting for it, in 'refined' company, people edge away from me........

Wend

Wend Report 6 Jun 2014 23:48

That's so funny :-D :-D :-D

I was banned from the Zetland Arms in South Kensington nearly 50 years ago - can't for the life of me remember why ;-) Don't think it was anything to do with dog food.

I wonder if it's safe to go back yet :-D

Edit - I lied, I can remember why :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jun 2014 23:57

well?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jun 2014 00:07

Spill it, Wend!!

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Jun 2014 01:34

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 7 Jun 2014 04:12

Mildred, I am having a really tough time at the moment, (thats why I am on here at this stupid hour) but having just read your story, well, what a tonic. It really made me smile and I havnt done that for quite a while. Thank you pet. <3 <3

badger

badger Report 7 Jun 2014 10:29

That's what you get for telling porkies ,he he,but i have to say ,if i had been behind you ,I would have landed up in the intensive care ward with a heart attack through laughing so much.
Trouble is ,if i try something like that ,i can't keep a straight face ,lol :-D :-D :-D :-D Fred.

Kense

Kense Report 7 Jun 2014 12:11

By an amazing coincidence a woman was banned for exactly the same reason back in 2011. The only difference being that she was buying Winalot.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Jun 2014 12:13

Tesco don't like it do they?