General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disgusting habits in public.................

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 13 Jul 2014 14:44

I have today witnessed something truly disgusting.

I was in a restaurant having lunch with a friend, and a couple of tables away from us was a chap on his own. Once his order had arrived he added tomato ketchup and then, before he put the top back on the bottle he........

.......licked the top of the bottle :-P

I wouldn't have noticed except he was directly in my line of sight. eeeuuuwwwww

Have you ever seen people doing such disgusting things in a public place??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jul 2014 14:57

Well picking nose and eating it is one. Gouging out ears and wiping on the table cloth is another.
Scratching crotch and then putting hand down trousers is another I have seen

coughing too is another nasty with no regard to where the spumes go , this was from a waitress was serving us our main course I kicked off big time and got the main course changed . Didnt trust em not to serve up the same meal so we ordered a different main course and I insisted on seeing it prepared and served .

We wont dine at the same place again

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 13 Jul 2014 15:03

But I wanted to leave the top of the bottle clean! Can't stand it when it has all dribbled down the side! ;-)

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Jul 2014 15:04

a lady neighbour of mine.. spitting in the street...ugh!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jul 2014 15:07

I hate spitting in the street

I hate too dogs doo doo who do they think will clean it up ??

Iris

Iris Report 13 Jul 2014 15:21

yes, many years ago ,on a boat going down the Nile ,at dinner a woman tried a pudding ,(at the serving table) didn't like it ,so she spat it back on to the plate she got it from (I have never seen a head waiter move so quick to move the plate .)
Disgusting.
:-0 :-0

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 13 Jul 2014 15:24

Once in a restaurant a chap at the next table had finished his meal then took out one of his set of dentures, licked them, then put them back in.

I feel sick just remembering it :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Jul 2014 15:35

OMG.....I was just going to make myself something to eat......

:-0 :-D :-D

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Jul 2014 15:53

makes you wonder how they behave in their own homes.... :-0

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Jul 2014 15:57

Bet he likes the taste, bit like licking a chicken bone :-0 :-0 :-D

As for at home bet he does it to the pair....2 chicken bones :-0 :-D

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Jul 2014 16:05

Mersey you are making me gippppp... :-0

Mersey

Mersey Report 13 Jul 2014 16:07

oooops, sorry :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 13 Jul 2014 16:21

Karen, I hope you removed the bottle and emptied the contents out and handed it to the waiting staff telling them what you saw.

I was in hospitality for 9 years (4* hotel). It's the guests who pick food up from the buffet and put it back you have to watch out for, my staff had to scoop it up quick and bin it! Not knowing where their hands had been so if another guest was poisoned the responsibility would still have been ours,

Don't accept a glass which has been 'breathed on' before being polished, a favourite trick in pubs when their glass washer is knackered. DO NOT EAT complimentary nuts or crisps on the bar...if they are not prepared for you personally you don't know how many other fingers have been rooting about in them :-(

Sue

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Jul 2014 16:24

so true about peanuts - never eat peanuts from a communal dish at a gathering - tests have proved there can be multiple urine samples on them :-S :-S :-S

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 13 Jul 2014 16:27

I found a pair of child's wet pants in a changing room once...

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Jul 2014 16:28

i never eat complimentary foods or samples in the supermarket...for the same reasons... :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2014 16:51

At a food fair recently we watched a woman with her fingers all over the cheese sample bits I said in a very loud voice right in her ear almost. I wish people would use the sticks provided I won't bother to buy now. She looked very puzzled. She was in her 50s I guess. Another stall further along had pieces of cheese and no sticks available. I said to OH again loud enough to be heard. won't bother there if he doesn't provide sticks. went past an hour later and there were sticks.

I will never go to a buffet restaurant unless it is served by staff except maybe a chinese buffet where the food is too hot to use your fingers and too 'messy'.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 13 Jul 2014 17:02

What I hate is being served by somebody who has cuts or sores on their hands not covered by a plaster, almost as bad is the assistant that licks their finger to open the bag they are putting my purchase in!

Gee

Gee Report 13 Jul 2014 17:31

A couple of years ago I was behind a car at the traffic lights.............He was flossing his teeth and eating the caught food off the floss

Dirty dirty boy :-0

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Jul 2014 18:12

I never eat food off a laid out table at receptions or anywhere,,,,,,never ever......and neither have food at these carvery places where all and sundry have handled the ladles,,,,,ugh.......I always polish cutlery with a napkin if its already laid out.

..........thats why eating out is such a big problem for me/us.

I'd rather have fish and chips in the paper with a wooden fork,,,,,or if have to, fingers,,,,,,,at least I carry anti bac gel.......or go without till I get home.

I have seen children drop food,mum bends down picks it up and gives it back the them,,,,,,,,,, :-S :-P,,,but I bet they dont have bad tums...... :-)