General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

At last, this morning he has departed - FINAL END?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 10 Sep 2014 13:41

the marital home carrying his suitcase (has not packed one since we married) and I am glad to see him go as the last few days he is so wired up - if the bride is anything like her grandfather - heaven help all of them.

I got a call about noon - he has made it to Boarding Lounge - daughter has a beady eye on him. Over ninety guests flying out - believe majority if not all on same flight!

Mind you I did not help - had pseudomonas again - for two weeks now having a boil dressed daily.

think at one stage OH was tied between me and g.daughter.

It is so peaceful here now just moi and son. The break will do him good :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 10 Sep 2014 14:19

It's a balmy 29 here at the moment and rather windy.

Hope they all enjoy their visit and have a wonderful wedding. :-) <3

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Sep 2014 14:52

Congratulations to your granddaughter. The wedding day sounds like it will be wonderful and your OH will enjoy the change I'm sure, and you'll enjoy yours too. :-D

Mau xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Sep 2014 06:17

How lovely for your granddaughter that your o.h. could go to share her special day, glad you were well enough that he dared leave you. Enjoy your peace and different dynamics in the house and hope he and all the family enjoy the wedding and getting together.

Much happiness to your granddaughter and her husband-to-be.

Lizxx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 11 Sep 2014 12:51

Last night I received a phone call - all squeaks - assumed it was OH.

This morning received a call at 9.00 a.m. had been in the sea and had a splash about, hotel good (should be 5*) assured him OK here and off he went with his bucket and spade :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 11 Sep 2014 13:18

30 today sea temp about 28 still windy over here could be more sheltered where they are.

Our daughter married in Jamaica, like the idea of going away for your wedding and having it as part of a holiday.

What day is the wedding?

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 11 Sep 2014 18:24

Monday - 5.30 p.m. local time. OH birthday the following day Tuesday and I have arranged with hotel to deliver him a red rose on the morning of his birthday and I asked cost as I said g.son would settle. Their pleasure - very nice too.

This is why they have so many guests going out - they were surprised - but as I said if you marry within easy flying distance on a beautiful island - it makes sense your friends would make it their holiday.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Sep 2014 06:29

Oh how nice Chris, such a romantic time for all.

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 14 Sep 2014 17:19

Had to share - just received a call from my globe trotting playboy!

He was very teary - never known him like that - the bride and groom just given him cufflinks to wear tomorrow with their? initials and tomorrow's date on one side and he cannot see what is on other side as his eyes are watery but it is nice!

He is over the moon.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Sep 2014 17:24

How thoughtful Chris.

I hope they all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Gwyn

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Sep 2014 04:30

Oh that's sweet, what a lovely caring couple they sound. Hope all goes to plan and they have a wonderful time

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2014 10:05

2dn UPDATE - Well today is the DAY - I am there in spirit. At 3.30pm our time my Miss becomes a Mrs. She has always been a caring girl. We are so fortunate with our two g.children.

I sent her an email late last night - not expecting her to check this morning but she had and said it was a lovely email to wake up to.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2014 10:37

Just had a phone call from the Bride - had me teary!!!!! Did not expect that - says she will ring again when she is a Mrs.

Found out what reduced OH to tears. Cufflinks have his initials and todays date on one side and the other says 'grandfather of the bride'.

Sorry if I go on about this wedding - unfortunately only so much son wishes to hear and my oldest and last bosom friend is in the final stages of cancer. We have kept telling her she wants to see photos and g.son is under instruction to see one or two by email asap.

I have to talk to somebody and it is thee.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2014 17:34

OH phoned after service - bride is the most beautiful bride ever - so that throws myself and daughter out of the equation. <3 :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Sep 2014 21:18

How lovely that your OH has been able to be so fully involved with this wedding day.

What special words were chosen for his gift. I'm sure he was thrilled.

You come on here and tell us as much as you want about your grandaughter's wonderful day.

Gwyn

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Sep 2014 07:22

Lovely to share all your news Chris, and what a thoughtful young lady your granddaughter is.

I hope your friend will enjoy seeing the photos.

Lizx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Sep 2014 08:19

It was a lovely day yesterday, a little windy in the afternoon, highs in the Limassol area of 30.

I was going to put good luck message to the couple on yesterday but we had to go out in the morning looking for new outside lights with the same dimensions as the old ones, when we failed to had to high tale it back to take the old ones apart and rub them down. We've had the painters here for 8 days painting the outside of the house, the boundary walls and today the metal work including the old lamps. By the time we'd finished and I'd filed split nails we were already late getting ready to go out with friends.

Hope all went well and they all enjoy the rest of their holiday and they quickly send you photos so you can see what a beautiful bride she was. :-) <3

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Sep 2014 10:15

Thank you - nice to talk about it. So full of happiness and then sadness as I am losing my friend of 60 yrs. That is life unfortunately. Remembering the good times.

:-D :-D <3 <3 <3

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Sep 2014 20:45

ENDING ------OH rang immediately after service - sounded chokey and informed me that HIS g.daughter was the most beautiful bride ever.

OH's birthday today - caught up with him later - he was really surprised by the large red rose and hotel presented him with two bottles of wine.

In spite of having a cold it did not go to bed until 2.00 a.m. and at midnight his cavorting on the dance floor was halted by a whiskey put in his hand and Happy Birthday being sung. Had a quiet day today............................... :-D He knows most of g.dau's friends since they were 4 and 5 yrs old and they all call him Gramps. He dances like most dad and g.dads do

Received 3 photos from Bride this afternoon and she is lovely - gorgeous of her with Groom and she is looking up at him - talk about love. I want son to make it my screen saver. Sent them immediately to sick friend.

He is home Wed night/Thursday morning. If he still has his cold he shall be welcomed home by the spare room ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Sep 2014 21:56

So pleased that all went well and you have been kept in touch via photos if oh still has his cold you will be ambivilent about his return. Glad to see him but not his cold! :-D