General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who wants to hear about my dogs?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 24 Nov 2014 23:40

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 24 Nov 2014 23:41

No?......Well tough.....You shouldn't have opened the thread then!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 24 Nov 2014 23:51

I am getting a new cocker spaniel in 3 weeks......I can't wait to start training.

Littlest one has just started agility and he is the naughtiest little black ball of fluff this side of the weave poles....he runs off to greet all the spectators who think he is wonderful.....bet they wouldn't laugh if he was theirs :-D

Number two dog is just coming into his own and starting to fly faster and win more....he seems to love agility as does number one dog who has just gone up a grade.....

Don't worry......I know I am boring the pants off anyone who has bothered to read this......but sometimes I just love my dogs sooooooo much that I could squeeze them to bits :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Nov 2014 23:51

Go on then.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 24 Nov 2014 23:52

I just did Sharron :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Nov 2014 23:56

We lost our little girl cat Mirabelle in July and said NO MORE but I miss so much not having a cat around , hubby does too , that I am weakening.

All the reasons why not are being replaced with maybe we should re home a cat that NEEDS a loving home .

Its a dilemma :-(

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 25 Nov 2014 00:03

Sometimes, with cats, I find it is not quite the same.....getting another, that is.

I have two more now and I am not so close to them as with the others who passed away.......I have to admit too that they annoy the dogs so much that they bark like mad at 4 in the morning when they decide to either go for a stroll or come home from gallivanting......not something that bothers me, but I don't expect the neighbours are too happy....... :-(

Don't let me put you off though Shirley.....go for it :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Nov 2014 10:48

I love to hear about peoples pets
everybody who knows me knows

my greatest love after my grandson is animals :-D :-D

lavender

lavender Report 25 Nov 2014 11:43

me too :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2014 12:31

I love my 3 cats too, but sometimes they can be a little wearing.

Yesterday I was trying to clear 'stuff' out of the spare room.
All of a sudden, sleeping was not such good fun for them.
I swear they positioned themselves very carefully so that whenever I tried to take a step - one of them was sat where my foot would go, and trying to take an extra long step whilst carrying a box full of books, or dolls house, is no easy feat!!!

Even trying to change my sheets is an act of stealth.
No point if one of them is on the bed - and it's worse with two - I can move them off, put them on the landing and close the door, but unless I shove something up against the door, (and I like throwing the dirty sheets straight on to the landing) they open the door - and jump on the bed! :-| :-| :-|

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 25 Nov 2014 13:00

My Westie Rory loves being the centre of attention.
the whole family love him to bits especially my 2 year old
great grand daughter who gives him loads of cuddles.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Nov 2014 13:04

I love my black lab dog dobby she is quite naughty
and three cats touchwood scarlet and baby steve
I also have 5 chinchillas
a small tortoisetennyson and a giant tortoise called edie mccreedie
and a giant rabbit called Chewbacca thought I call it grumpy bum
as well as fish :-D :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 25 Nov 2014 13:06

I hear a lot about your clever dogs (and their [now] physically fit owner)...lolol You are mad woman but I expect photos

;-)

Annina

Annina Report 25 Nov 2014 14:53

Love to hear about others pets,I have six cats,most just moved in,and this week have been desperately trying to Frontline them,little sods always know and run away,you would think I was trying to kill them

Ungrateful little cherubs!!! :-( :-( :-( :-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Nov 2014 15:56

Lavender how wonderful
I do wish I had space for a pony
your so lucky :-D :-D

magpie

magpie Report 25 Nov 2014 17:31

We have an Exmoor pony who can be driven as well as ridden. He is such a lovely boy and driving him in the summer is fantastic. No dog now as my poor little cocker died of cancer last March_ we do miss her! No pussies either, too near the road for comfort! so Merlin is our only child! I too prefer animals to most people!!

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 26 Nov 2014 00:31

Awww, bless your hearts. it's lovely to read about other peoples pets :-)

lately I have been worried about the youngest. he is so full of beans and although I have taught him obedience as well as agility, no matter what, as soon as he saw other dogs he was away to play.

Tonight was my last go at taking him to agility training and I didn't hold out much hope as to him behaving himself because of the way he had behaved at the week-end.....Well blow me down ...he was brilliant and didn't once try to run off. .......he did everything he was supposed to and I was a proud mummy :-D....Crufts here we come .......Lovely to read about your pets.....do feel free to add :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2014 01:05

A free spirit, then, Susan - but could obviously sense your frustration!!! :-D

Anina, they can smell the stuff a mile off, can't they?

Anyone who can control a Shetland pony has my respect.
When I lived in Shetland, there was a 'Shoopie' and Pirrie Shoopie' (Shetland pony and foal) in the field next door. Their favourite 'hobby' - biting! Closely followed by kicking.

Not too keen on Exmoors either - they have similar 'hobbies' to Shetland ponies.
New Forest ponies can both bite and kick - but don't move as fast as Shetlands or Exmoors, (too lazy) so you get a chance to face them, spread your arms out and shout. If you're lucky they stop - well they have up 'til now :-D

Guess who's not too keen on the equine things? :-(

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Nov 2014 09:39

I think all young dogs are a handful Susanwiv numbers

looks back on Dobby as a puppy and shakes head in desperation
now she is now she is 18 months she is no bother

and has a love thing going with one of my cats Steve :-D <3 :-D

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 26 Nov 2014 10:28

I have a wee bichon frise - she just melts my heart <3