General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So Genes are full of compassion today then sorted

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2014 12:08

Thank you Nicky (see end of thread.)

I wrote and asked for Berona's thread to be stickied and this is the reply I received. So much for being a loyal long term member! I am appalled.

Dear Ann,

Thank you for request to 'sticky' a thread.

As I am sure you can imagine, we are sent many requests each week asking for threads to be stickied. As much as we'd like to say yes to each request, I am afraid we can't. If we did, the whole of the first page of the message boards would be full of stickied threads, making it hard for members to see the new posts added.

On this occasion, it is with regret that I have to say no to your request.

Thank you for your understanding.

With kind regards,

Karen Allan

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 8 Dec 2014 12:14

Me too Ann

Mary

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 8 Dec 2014 12:17

I'm sure they are not inundated with requests as so few people use the boards these days. There is only one stickied thread on here - so another is hardly going to fill up the first page. Sounds like an automated response, which is pathetically lazy, as well as disrespectful :-(

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Dec 2014 12:17

That is absolutely disgraceful

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Dec 2014 12:27

I have contacted them as well to tell them how disgusted I am

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2014 12:31

And, as far as I am concerned I would only ever contact them in the case of a death.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Dec 2014 12:32

Without any disrespect,,,perhaps BCs thread could now be let loose and replaced with the more recent one for Berona..........I'm sure BC would agree. :-D

maybe they would agree to that.?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2014 12:34

I am sure BC would agree. But it should not come to that should it? Yes, maybe they would agree with that, or maybe not.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Dec 2014 12:41

I am disgusted....

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 Dec 2014 12:54

Nothing surprises me about this site these days :-| :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Dec 2014 13:45

I'm disgusted too - and "thank you for your understanding"!!!! the point is we are not understanding are we

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Dec 2014 13:50

Insensitive of Genes yet again.

I find the reason for refusal unacceptable, and cannot believe that they are inundated with requests to have a thread stickied.

Not even a word of condolence that a much respected member of over ten years has passed away.

Disgusted :-|

Sue

Sue Report 8 Dec 2014 13:50

I think that letter is appalling, and totally out of order. For such a thing as a death, to be refused. Shows total lack of consideration for anyone using the boards.

Sadly they have reached the bottom as far as i am concerned.

Sue :-(

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Dec 2014 13:54

Well they've promised poppies next year perhaps we can shame them enough to sticky messages about a member's death say for 1 month so most people will see it.

The one at the top at the moment re BC, it's last entry is just over a month ago, so why not close that one down and sticky the announcement and sympathy messages for Berona.

Forgot I'm asking on here for logic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 8 Dec 2014 13:55

Have just come onto boards and have to say Ann I'm appalled too.

Surely they must see that when one of their longstanding members has died then GR must show their respect?

Mau XX

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2014 14:29

Hopefully people other than me have messaged them about their misguided 'rules' and their disrespect. This would not have happened when the old team were here.

Merlin

Merlin Report 8 Dec 2014 14:37

I,m sure that in the circumstances you thank them for their unfeeling attitude and wished them a very Nausious Christmas. :-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Dec 2014 14:47

Why do Genes staff not understand the sensitivity of certain subjects?
eg. Death of a friend/member. The symbolic Poppy.
:-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2014 15:27

It would have been sorted had Estelle been there still. She was also a member and had been with us from the beginning, she would have understood the feeling of the members. What I don't understand is, is this a new policy because we had BCs thread stickied and others not long before? Or have I not got the right touch? I am hoping that the Aussie members will also complain when they come back on the boards.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 8 Dec 2014 16:53

Dear All

I am shocked the thread for our Berona has not been given the status
it deserves.

Berona was a long standing, valued and much respected member
of Genes Reunited. She deserves proper respect.

Absolutely disgusted.

Cannot think of anything else to say.

Take gentle care
Sincere wishes
Elizabeth,
xx