General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anybody really like !!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Dec 2014 20:18

Does anybody really like wrapping Christmas prezzies
I hate doing it

the very worst job at Christmas :-( :-( :-(

Foggy

Foggy Report 17 Dec 2014 20:20

Love it, especially when my children were young.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Dec 2014 20:22

I spent seven years of wrapping dozens of cheapish toiletry sets and candles for Fred's grotto for his carers.

This year I only have a couple to wrap.

It's not the same at all.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 17 Dec 2014 20:24

I leave it all to Beloved.

He wraps pressies up a treat. Tight corners and concealed seams.

:-D :-D

Jane

Jane Report 17 Dec 2014 20:24

I think I'm going to enjoy it Joy ,but once I get going after just a couple of prezzies I have had enough,with wrinkled wrapping paper and sellotape getting stuck to everything other than the prezzies :-S :-S.Then I run out of gift tags and can't manage to tie a pretty ribbon.....It is then time for a very large glass of something :-D :-D
So it all begins again tomorrow ....I have a bottle chilling already :-D :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Dec 2014 20:28

I'm hopeless at gift wrapping :-(

mine end up looking like the dog wrapped them :-D

Tec :-)

Island

Island Report 17 Dec 2014 20:31

I gave up 'wrapping ' them years ago and instead make bags out of the gift paper - it's easier but still a chore, probably because I leave it all to the last minute so have to keep on going until it's done. :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Dec 2014 20:33

I don't enjoy doing it.........

ever since I was roped in to wrap pressies for the children's Christmas party where I used to work............. and be Santa's helper.

:-(

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Dec 2014 20:34

I like doing the kiddiewinkles ones they are all usually boxed and easy to do...Idont bother with bows on them now like I used to :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Dec 2014 20:35

I really hate doing I
t I always buy my wrapping paper in the January sales
we got 20 big rolls for 18p each

don't see the point when it all gets burnt Christmas morning :-( :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Dec 2014 20:37

NOPE HATE IT

This last three christmases though have done lots of online purchases for pressies as not able to get out much now and the local shopping mall has little shops that i want

Done some again this year from Amazon that I like and have kept the boxes/packaging to reuse .

Said to hubby earlier must start to wrap the pressies but will be putting all the pressies for each person in one box rather than wrap individually.

Our 3 eldest grt granddaughters will get a card with £25 in so they can buy what they want. I dont know their likes etc so best they get what they want rather than me waste money .

This year we will be going to our daughter and SIL and his parents will be there too as its their turn to have his son for xmas.

I hate more than the wrapping the what do I get each person puzzle

At least though the family recognise I cant do the family Christmas that I used to do and we are told!!! you and grandad are coming to us

Its lovely to have that family love around us especially as hubby soldiers on through his health problems :-)

GinN

GinN Report 17 Dec 2014 20:39

My OH is really good at wrapping, and is very economical with the paper. I just pass the sellotape and write the labels :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 17 Dec 2014 20:51

I quite enjoy wrapping the pressies, but why do I always lose the scissors and sellotape while I'm doing it? They just seem to disappear :-P

Whilst I'm here, I ordered a set of different rattles online for my 3 month old granddaughter, which arrived to-day. Very pretty with pics of little smiling babies on the box. On the side of the box it says in black letters 'WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD. Small parts. Not for Children Under 3 Years'. I ask you? :-S

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Dec 2014 20:58

I did try to give them all money
but NOPE they all wanted the prezzies instead :-( :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Dec 2014 21:13

My hubby ,bless him ,has always bought me and our daughter his own pressie from him.

Even though he now has alzheimer's he said what do you want. I fancy a new pair of earrings so said do you want me to look at them and decide what |I would like and get em !!

NOPE he was OK with ok with me picking em but he wanted to get them

We went to the local Shopping Mall yesterday and I showed him the ones I fancied and he bought them and paid to have them gift wrapped

I really appreciate his input whilst he still can do this as its in the background how long will he still be him
:-( :-( :-( :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Dec 2014 21:15

I used to love wrapping presents, but now they have to be posted usually it isn't feasible to do all the ribbons and bows.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 17 Dec 2014 22:07

I dont mind,,,,,but an easy solution I find is,,,,,,using crepe paper its so pliable and great for odd shaped gifts,,,,,,,plus it holds in place while you stick it and a bit more unusual then the norm of soppy christmas paper,,,,,,,I buy loads through the year

,,,,,,,,for basic paper I use a prit stick just to hold it in place then easy peasy two free hands, then tape it.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Dec 2014 22:13

I was tempted to

cut the paper and sew it up in zig zag on my sewing machine :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 17 Dec 2014 22:18

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D..........

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Dec 2014 22:24

Well, i enjoy it! Today at school i supervised and showed a small group of girls how to wrap 60 gifts for santa and the party tomorrow and then prizes for the games. Most had never wrapped a gift and most were 10-12 yrs old...But they soon got the hang of it.

As long as i have all the things i need before i start, plenty of tags, sellotape etc and a glass of something fizzy and some nibblies, then i will happily sit and wrap away.

last nite I finally finished all the presents for school and collegues and it was after 1am before i got to bed!

my reward for 2 late nights, sat in front of Tv all eve and chilled. Great feeling when it all gets done.

We finish on friday and then the fun begins.

i also made gift bags with the children this week using wallpaper samples. They looked great and only took 10 mins to make and cost pennies. has anyone else done this?

My family have only sent money or vouchers this year to cut down on postage. So under the tree there are no gifts at present just cards....looks so bare compared to previous years. But of course mummy will rectify that with a few extras!

happy wrapping
Florence
in the hebrides :-D