General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

" Last Tango In Halifax"

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Jan 2015 22:52

" Last Tango In Halifax " Has anybody been watching .Caroline & Kate Got Married .But the day after poor Kate has been knocked down .She took Carolines Boys to school & eldest one to the train station ,.Baby has been born .but Kate ?? its not on long enough only 6 episodes ..I myself have enjoyed watching the prog they are all good in it .Ann Reid great actress 80 this year <3

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Jan 2015 22:58

I love this programme. I like anything with Sarah Lancashire in it and I like Derek Jacobi too.

Ann Reid has been a favourite of mine since she was in Coronation Street.

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Jan 2015 23:15

Kath some people on the TV are so natural & witty .Sarah has done different roles & Ann Reid well she was so funny in Dinner ladies They are a pleasure to watch Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Jan 2015 11:04

No one else watch then ?? its good :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Jan 2015 12:17

Not watch a production from Sally Wainwright (Unforgiven, Happy Valley ) no way. LTIH is top notch British TV drama in every way - plot, acting, production. It also has the added bonus of not casting anybody over 60 as a decrepit old fool.

There is not much high quality tv these days so those who haven't followed it missed a treat.

Thank goodness for catch up tv.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 13 Jan 2015 12:32

I suppose it is a credit to Sarah Lancashire's acting, that I find her supercilious in Last Tango. This plot reminds me of Downtown where Lady Mary has her baby and then her husband wraps himself around a tree, sadly.

How about Nicola Walker? I love her as Gillian, Alan's daughter. She is sparky, and very confused!

Do like this series, not sure what part Alan's son will play in future episodes.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2015 12:55

Yes I have been watching it. Love it, all the acting is spot on, all the actors great. As you say Barbra, not a long enough series when there is so much trash on TV.

Sally

Sally Report 13 Jan 2015 15:39

love it one of the best

sally w <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 13 Jan 2015 16:28

It's a testimony to good acting when you like, love or dislike the characters . Gripping! :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Jan 2015 16:36

I've been watching it.
Had to record the last episode but, I watched it last night.
I love it!

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Jan 2015 21:31

Thank you ,a lot of twist to the stories .every one in it make`s you want to see next episode ,.think Caroline ex is good .& Gillian torn between him & her Brother in law I look forward to watching Sunday evening :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Jan 2015 21:38

Just watched it and as always was not disappointed
in the episode.
Such a sad one

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Jan 2015 11:22

Tonight 8pm Call The Midwife .Then 9pm Last Tango in Halifax .looking forward to my tele Tonight .enjoy Barbra :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 Jan 2015 11:30

My mother was a nursing sister (SRN) and was both a midwife and sister of maternity/gyne. wards during the period covered by "CTM". She says the program is entertaining but factually way off beam.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Jan 2015 11:36

I have heard that before Rollo. A lot of the things we, as patients/new mothers in those days ring true but of course as far as the actual nursing goes we can't judge. Still very enjoyable to watch though.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 18 Jan 2015 11:58

I love both these programmes but as usual ( Sep-Feb), I watch Sunday evening TV from my bed!
Both AFC and NFC playoffs tonight which only leaves the Superbowl.

After that, I get my lounge, big screen TV and surround sound back on a Sunday.... Woo Hoo!
( Go Pats)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 18 Jan 2015 14:31

I think deffo that the Bride is brown--bread! So will the baby survive, and if so, who will look after it? I cant see Sarah's character looking after a newborn baby, she is too driven by work.

Maybe this where Celia comes to the fore, and all is lovely again?

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 19 Jan 2015 09:57

Oh no, I dont want it dropping into the realms of fantasy.

I dont want to 'see' Kate, and Caroline talking to her.

Think that Alan's son is gonna be a handful, he seems a bit needy.

Also tend to think the baby is gonna be snatched by the biological father.

:-( :-( :-(

Sally

Sally Report 19 Jan 2015 10:48

yes parts got a bit silly last night

sally w <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Jan 2015 11:23

Enjoyed it last night ,but for me to many people seem to be getting involved with the baby .we shall see what happens :-) Call the midwife was ok very glad the children were helped .Pam Ferris good actress :-)