General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today is the day - THE VERDICT

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 09:18

the low life pair who attacked my son and daughter in law, injuring them both, are up before the judge for sentencing - praying they get what they deserve

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 24 Jun 2015 09:26

i hope they do too ann

Wend

Wend Report 24 Jun 2015 09:27

Hope so Ann :-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2015 09:28

Fingers crossed that they do Ann <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 09:32

I've got the Crown Court daily listings website up and info comes on it at 10:00 am - think they are up early on - can't wait

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jun 2015 09:36

lets hope they have a nice big holiday at her majesty's pleasure :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Jun 2015 09:46

Got my fingers crossed and they throw the book at the scumbags :-0 :-| :-|

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Jun 2015 09:56

You will be v lucky if they get any time at all and even if they do unlikely to be > 2 years. If they do then great result.

If people commit assaults on others again and again the California approach of 3 times and you are out would make the streets a bit safer. Maybe three times for even "minor" assaults (which are not minor from the point of view of the aggrieved person ) and five years min.?

It is very discouraging for the police when they see miscreants back on the street a few months after they have risked life and limb putting them away.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 10:02

well the man has previous but the girl apparently has no criminal record - we'll see

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 11:39

well she's been sentenced but it doesn't say what as yet

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jun 2015 11:46

I didn't know about the Crown Court Daily Listings site Ann. Which court are they at?
Hope they throw the book at them.

Kath. x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 12:14

Cardiff Crown Court - Amy Hodder and Jay Daniel Sheppard - her case is over, but his name has yet to come up

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 13:29

daughter in law just called in - the police will inform her what sentence Amy got and Jay's case is now being heard on Friday

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Jun 2015 13:49

Was sentencing not carried out in open court?

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 24 Jun 2015 13:58

Hope they get prison....courts can be too lenient these days.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2015 14:04

sentence is not shown on the website - they will be informed by letter from the police

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 24 Jun 2015 14:26

I'm thinking of your son and daughter-in-law, Ann.<3

I hope they get the justice they deserve!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Jun 2015 14:26

The case is on http://www.thelawpages.com but there appear to be reporting restrictions, possibly due to defendant's age.

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Jun 2015 14:36

.Get the pair put away hopefully cruel & callous act by the couple. Love to your Son & Daughter in Law <3

kandj

kandj Report 24 Jun 2015 23:01

AnnC, I hope they both get the punishment they deserve and not just a slap on the wrist which often happens to these horrible people.