General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Blocking access to a garage

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 10:09

The garage in question belonged to my sister who died at the end of March.

One of her neighbours regularly parks across the door but he had probably thought it was okay as my sister did not have a car.

He knows she had died and that we are trying to clear the house and garage but still is doing it.

Is there any part of the law that I can quote to get him to stop doing it.

Trying not to fall out with him but told him on Friday that I need to get into the garage and he was still parked there on Saturday.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 28 Jun 2015 10:26

How inconsiderate after being told that you needed access. Not sure where you stand with the law but perhaps you need to have a word with the local PCSO

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 10:34

That was what I thinking of doing.

If I have to call a tow truck then I would do it but not sure if I am entitled to do that.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 28 Jun 2015 10:41

Just being helpful..............

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?38897-Parking-on-dropped-kerb

http://pedestrianliberation.org/2010/10/15/new-rules-protect-dropped-kerbs/

:-D :-D

kandj

kandj Report 28 Jun 2015 10:52

GlitterBaby, could you not park your car so that this persons car is then blocked and he would have to ask you to move your car to enable him to drive away? It would be interesting seeing his reaction and it might just make him a little more thoughtful in the future.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 10:59

Thank you Mr Magoo but sadly not quite the same problem but useful sites. .

Spoke to the Police who say if private property then I could get a tow truck.

Been given two numbers for the local community support officers but been told if I can not get hold of them then to dial 101.

I do not want to fall out with the neighbours as I would have to give that information on the sellers form when we sell the house.

Oh well hopefully he should have moved the car when we go over tomorrow

Thanks,

Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 11:02

I do not have a car otherwise that is what I would have done but then I would be blocking in the next garage.

Left a note on the windscreen on Saturday which will probably annoy him.

His partner parks over the "Keep Clear" markings on the access to the block of garages.

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Jun 2015 11:07

Looks like a good place to heap stuff from the flat that you are getting rid of when he is not there.

I bet you could be ever so clumsy with those garage doors when you are trying to open them.

Are the flats/garages rented? He could well be in breach of his agreement there which might interest the landlord.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Jun 2015 11:09

The easiest thing would be to knock and ask him to move it when you need access.
If you have his phone no, could you give him a ring when you know you're going over there?

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Jun 2015 11:25

Talk to the man .tell him you need access at all times politely or..contact cab they might help & give you info as to your rights, sorry you have this to contend with this as you have lost your sister .you have enough to do .we lived near a school in a cul-de-sac,.cars parked across our drive .couldn't get back.on when I got home from work, so a neighbour left his car across my drive & moved when I got home .just wondered if you have someone maybe leave their car so gent in question cant block entrance ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 11:26

They are private owned houses with the garages in a block in front of the houses. He is parking across the next garage but the back of the car is blocking the door of my sisters garage, Would not be able to open the door more than a couple of feet without hitting his car and I am not gong to crawl under the door to get in.

He knows we need access to the garage as Mum and I are trying to clear the contents so I should not have to knock on his door. .

Also think it is him that is putting rubbish in the bin.

I had never meet this bloke until my sister died so no real idea if they were okay or not.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 28 Jun 2015 11:28

Or perhaps a polite notice "Please do not park in front of these doors, access required"

:-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 11:33

Barbra

Mum and I have introduced ourselves to both of them.

There is a limit to the number of times I tell someone what is going on.

Think he is just being difficult. A typical man really.

It must be obvious that we would need access to the garage given the circumstances.

Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 11:35

Did that on Saturday Stella after telling him we need access this week when I saw him on Friday.

Just as well Mum is coming with me on Monday as she might help me to keep calm about it.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jun 2015 11:41

Well whatever you have to do GB when you sell the house and they ask the question re disputes with neighbours, as you didn't live there you could plead ignorance and just say not to your knowledge. The question would be re dispute between your sister and neighbours.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Jun 2015 11:48

Problem is that I think my sister did not get on with her neighbours but not sure which ones.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 28 Jun 2015 11:56

Whether she got on with them or not, this man is being very arrogant in his behaviour towards you... i'll bet his wife has a lot to put up with..and i can see why he would be a bad neighbour to have..

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Jun 2015 14:52

I would put a tack in his tyres all of them :-D :-D

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 Jun 2015 14:55

My thoughts are if the garage goes with the house then the neighbour has no right to park across it, regardless of whether the person to whom it belongs has a car or not!

IF the house was or is to be sold the garage surely would be part of the house sale & new owners are not going to be too happy about not being able to access the garage just because this neighbour has done so previously!
He needs a serious talking to, in my opinion.

Joan.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 28 Jun 2015 14:58

Joy.... my thoughts entirely

i just dare not say it...lol :-D :-D :-D