General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hubby is coming home update its Mon 5th October

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2015 19:45

Well the infection has gone but sadly he is now bedridden . He had several fits with the sepsis shock and it has affected the Lewy Body Dementia which has accelerated .
He has a cetheter for his pee but is incontinent for his bowel

He will need a full care package with two carers to come in very 4 hours to turn him and to see to his personal care . I was hoping he could be persuaded to have the hoist to get him out of bed but he fells unsafe with it as he feels he is falling so it may not be an option

No matter he wants and needs to be home as he is worrying and giving up in hospital

It won't be easy I know but I want him home too for whatever time he has left. <3

I have had meetings with several, different divisions who are involved . It seems though they don't liaise with each other cos I often have to say no that's not him . I wonder too if they know the right guy as they think he has a pacemaker fitted Nope he doesn't !,, worrying !!

But it's all in motion to get him home which is the most important thing
:-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Sep 2015 19:51

I am pleased he is coming home Shirley
and hope his health improves soon

I am so sorry you are having a hard time of late
Bless you and your Hubby :-) :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Sep 2015 19:52

sorry to hear that his Lewy Body Dementia has worsened

I hope the care package works ................ what happens if he soils himself during when the carers are not there? Do you have to clean him up?

Do they come every 4 hours day AND night?

It sounds as though it is going to be very hard on you.

good luck Shirley xxxx

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Sep 2015 19:55

Shirley <3 <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Sep 2015 19:57

Shirley...sending you hugs <3 <3 <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2015 20:00

Thank you Jo

I just want him home
He is my best friend ,we have been married for 58years so he is my world and well as part of me .
Our daughter has said mum his face lights up when he sees you so he needs you as much as you need him ,BUT It will be hard work for you and it may be that if we get another year with him with us it may be all we can hope for so we may have to accept that

Well I will accept any time I have with the guy I met at 18 and married at 20 and who is my best friend as well as my darling hubby <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2015 20:04

Well if he soils himself overnight,then it seems he will have to wait to,the morning to be cleaned up ,
They have suggested we get a baby monitor so I can hear him if he needs help as I can't sleep downstairs too

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Sep 2015 20:04

<3 <3

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 10 Sep 2015 20:05

I am pleased that he is coming home as it is what you both want. To help him you have to be strong so take every bit of help that is offered and don't forget to look after yourself.

Thinking of you <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Sep 2015 20:07

Shirley just take one day at a time <3 <3 such a worrying time for you and the family...

We are all here for you , even if it is just to listen .....

<3

Von

Von Report 10 Sep 2015 20:09

Shirley
Thinking of you and your husband. <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2015 20:09

Yes I have told the carers and social services I will accept all the help they can offer.

If I find we don't need some parts of it then I can cancel that but initially I will accept
everything offered

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 10 Sep 2015 20:10

I can understand how you feel Shirley.......accept all the help that is offered and be good to yourself.

<3 <3

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 10 Sep 2015 20:30

Hello Shirley,

Wow, 58 years of love and friendship is quite something. <3. How wonderful.

I am pleased for you that hubby is coming home. No doubt there will be an adjustment period for you all. I hope that goes as smoothly as possible and you will get to share many more special moments with your beloved hubby. <3.

Sending you a huge (((hug)))

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Sep 2015 20:31

Shirley .you will have your OH with you in.the place he calls home & see faces he knows the best .it will be hard for you but get all the help you can .Take care off yourself Barbra <3

kandj

kandj Report 10 Sep 2015 20:44

Shirley I am pleased for you both that your husband is able to come home with care and support in place for you both. Perhaps he might improve in his familiar home surroundings. On the positive side is the fact that maybe you can relax a little after all the travelling and hospital visits which can be very draining as I know only too well.

You are wise to accept all that is offered as it will be a challenging time ahead for all. Remember to take baby steps, just one day at a time and keep focused now that you are both together. Take care of yourself, it's easier said than done but necessary too.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 10 Sep 2015 20:49

Dear Shirley

Hello

Sending many caring thoughts to you and your husband.

Wherever you can, keep a small notebook of the people you have contact with, names, job titles, and contact numbers.

That way, it will be easier to decide what is working for you and your husband.

Take very gentle and good care of yourself
Loving wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Sep 2015 21:33

I hope that you and your husband get all the help you need.

Sheila <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Sep 2015 22:09

I am pleased to see that your much loved husband is coming home. He will be happier in familiar surroundings with you.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 10 Sep 2015 22:11

<3 <3 Shirley <3 <3