General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Something is wrong with my television

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 15:10

It is showing football!

That is certainly not what I want from it.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 15:16

Not in this house its not lol ;-) ;-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Sep 2015 15:18

You obviously lost control of the remote Sharron. It will be on on mine no doubt but I am not worried as I am burited in my craft room :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 15:21

I can cope with them running about, doing whatever it is they do with that ball thing but I really can't handle the bit afterwards when some inarticulate oik tries to make an intellectual debate of whatever it was they just did.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 15:28

No sport is allowed here
We must be the most un sporty family in the UK
Even Tiddlywinks bores me to bits ;-) ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Sep 2015 15:29

as I said Sharron,

"you have a way, with words!"

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 15:35

I might watch the Goodwood Revival highlights when they are shown but it's only up the road and I wouldn't contemplate going there.

That is the nearest I get to watching sport..

He comes from Tottenham, and should have stayed there, so I let him watch it sometimes.

The fact that he and Fred's mate like football does make it a bit easier to buy Christmas presents for them. I bought the Wembley tour for them last year.

The Spurs tour is even better, it only costs about £8. That's my kind of present!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Sep 2015 15:36

Sharron it must be a widespread but localised effect ... it's happening here too ... :-)

what I can't cope with is the whistle ... it pierces my skull. I spend my time yelling from my computer room ... I CAN HEAR THE WHISTLE

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Sep 2015 15:41

You need to take control of the doofer n turn it over then wack whoever put it on, over the head with said doofer.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Sep 2015 15:47

it's what they do when they score -= they run around the field like madmen indicating - "how good am I" when all they've done is kick a ball in a goal - and for which they are paid an obscene amount of money

rugby players don't do that - and rugby players are not wimps who keel over at the slightest knock - or no knock at all - they should have a BAFTA section for acting on the football field

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 15:51

I got the timing wrong.

He had the doofer while I was in the bath. Now I understand why he brought me a cup of tea.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 15:52

MEMO TO SHARON

take the doofer in the bathroom while you bathe ;-) ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 15:59

Sadly, we have more than one doofer.

I do let him loose with a doofer sometimes but not usually when there is football on.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Sep 2015 16:00

Hmmm school girl error, you will be prepared next time

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 16:02

SECOND MEMO
take the battery's out of the other doofer :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Sep 2015 16:26

Ladies....... try this

Ask your OH to go shopping with you (not grocery shopping, but a little bit of "fun" shopping)

If he says no, because there's a "big game" on...

Go shopping by yourself

and take the TV remote with you.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 16:30

well said LadyScozz

The woman should ALWAYS take control of the doofers :-D :-D

My Butler never ventures into the lounge
Thats how he get the name the Butler

;-) ;-) ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 16:42

He does sit quietly watching things about Hitler with me, because I have the doofer. He comes to the odd lecture with me, he visits mediaeval towns that have no interest to him at all. He listens to me going on about things no sensible person would be interested in and he will be coming to look for pigs.

I really must let him have the doofer sometimes.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Sep 2015 17:07

Now Now Sharron

Your been to soft with him ;-) ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2015 17:12

You know me, kindness incarnate.