General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR's new tree

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Dec 2015 10:58

When did the new GR tree layout arrive? I don't usually log out of GR but we had a power cut and I had to log in again and there is a new tree layout that I hadn't seen before

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 10 Dec 2015 11:12

i just had to log in for some reason?

Just looked at new tree layout and i think it's great :-D

Norman

Norman Report 10 Dec 2015 11:15

Anyone having SAVE problems on the site today ??

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Dec 2015 11:26

New tree?

Another one? I'll wait for a while before I use it............ just in case it's like the other "new trees" and needs to be sorted :-(

I wish they'd sort out the error messages.

And........ why do I have to keep signing in when I don't sign out?

Kense

Kense Report 10 Dec 2015 11:27

It's too green, it's giving me a headache. :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Dec 2015 11:30

I quite like it

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Dec 2015 11:33

Ummmmm

How do I find all the other family trees I can view?

I've sent a message to GR......... maybe someone has found their "other trees" and can advise me????

Kense

Kense Report 10 Dec 2015 11:34

It seems much faster when viewing the full tree and searching seems good.

At least it explains why I wasn't loggen in this morning.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Dec 2015 11:35

Other trees ..where it says change next to amount of your relations

John

John Report 10 Dec 2015 11:52

Here we go again - thought GR had "binned" this idea - just who exactly wants to spend hours opening damned boxes to see peoples details - well not me!!!!

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Dec 2015 12:15

So far I like the new tree and seeing details is no different to on the old tree and only needs one click of the mouse

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 Dec 2015 12:19

Oi the much derided flock wallpaper fromt ITV and before days has returned!
What next? Flares, platform shoes and FireUpTheQuattro?
It is def a lot faster - I got it to dl a full tree of 4000 records in < 3 secs.Maybe there's life in the old dog yet Errol should have stayed around..

If you don't like the wallpaper just feed it into something like Stylish and you can have any color / background you fancy.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2015 12:20

Nice of them to tell us. I bet they posted the news on FB.

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Dec 2015 12:41

namelessone, they haven't posted it there either ;-)

Jane

Jane Report 10 Dec 2015 14:46

All my details are missing, All the information I have is year of birth. All the information I put in the notes has gone. I have lost an awful lot of information. I am not pleased.

Jane

Inky1

Inky1 Report 10 Dec 2015 14:49

Email exchange:

Hi Estelle,
I hope you are still there?

Perhaps you could pass this email on to whomever is now looking after Genes, please?

There are a number of chat threads started today concerning the fact that the GR Tree has changed. Which, for those of us with a few years membership, means an apparent reversion to an earlier display. Seems that no announcement has been issued. Maybe someone would like to post a notice telling the paying punters what is happening?

Regards,

Hi

Yes, I’m still here ?

Thanks for letting me know. I have let our development team know and they are going to take a look. It definitely shouldn’t be like that!

Kind regards,

Estelle

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 10 Dec 2015 16:58

Mine is the same as it was yesterday!

Why have I been left out??

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 10 Dec 2015 17:48

Mines the new one and as far as I can see it's all okay

****Edit*****

The above referred to my PC I've just tried the iPad and it's still displaying the old tree. The new one is better and much quicker too.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 Dec 2015 17:54

Things are back to normal inc pictures and KeepSafe.
The quick plast from the past is over some of you may have missed the fun or suffered palpitations as yr images vanished.

keep safe .

:-|

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Dec 2015 18:03

I don´t usually log out either but twice today had to log in ...haven´t checked the new tree out :-0 might not have realised for ages had you not said ! (upps) :-D :-D :-D

>>>>>>> off to look