General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TV Weather presenter ~ UPDATE!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jan 2016 04:53

She is pregnant.

Congratulations! Wonderful news........ but not to some.....

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/01/24/12/59/repulsive-deb-knight-dismisses-rude-viewer-email-telling-her-she-shouldn-t-be-on-tv

What a horrible attitude :-(

How can an expectant mother be "repulsive" ? :-0 :-0

Edit: Update Saturday 29 January......

Deborah (the weather presenter) had a daughter yesterday, the name has not been announced yet.

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/01/31/07/49/weekend-today-presenter-deborah-knight-gives-birth-to-baby-girl

<3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Jan 2016 07:24

the weather forecaster on one of our TV channels was pregnant last year, and got some terrible emails ............. the station actually made some of the comments public, but what was said went viral.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1981245/kristi-gordon-its-just-a-belly/

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Jan 2016 09:26

What an 'orrible lot some people are .....

..... and talk about playing right into the hands of some chauvinistic men!

I'm inclined to think that the complainants are envious, stupid or live in the dark ages.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Jan 2016 10:03

seems that the complainants are mostly women.....................

wonder why? jealousy?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2016 11:11

We tend to get distracted by what the local TV weather girls are wearing. A couple really ought to have a slightly larger size.
No idea why people object to seeing pregnant women in a presenter role. They should be celebrating the gestating new life.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 24 Jan 2016 12:43

Cannot understand why they wear tight clothes and not maternity clothes/smocks these days.

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Jan 2016 12:51

Is there anything on this earth not capable of annoying someone, somewhere? :-S

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 24 Jan 2016 17:09

Me I often watch the weather girls "assets" , and then after the forecast think I wonder what she said the weather is going to be. :-D :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Jan 2016 17:18

Why on earth would the lady opt to be just the same as everyone else when she is obviously different and an utterly human individual just as we all are & unlike anyone else - if you understand my meaning?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Jan 2016 17:25

The forecaster on our local station made the point that most weather forecasters do not get a dress allowance from their stations, as many of the news announcers do. Yet they still have to be "well dressed", whatever that may mean.

She said that she just could not afford to buy a brand new wardrobe for 6 months or so, with enough clothes to ring changes for 5-6 days a week plus public events.

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 24 Jan 2016 22:41

It's not repulsive, she just needs bigger clothes. even if she just borrows them for work stuff. and not polka dotted. :-S

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Jan 2016 23:05

The moaners should visit this neighbourhood.

In summer, especially February, it's so humid, we wear as little as possible.... lots of pregnant ladies wear a sarong & a tiny top.... with their bellies on full display.... showing off the "outie" belly buttons.

I'd rather see a pregnant belly than the "bum-cracks" of those people wearing low-rise pants!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jan 2016 23:18

A Turkish woman I worked with told me that, apparently, the Turkish Prime Minister has banned pregnant women from going outside.

The reason?

The fact that they're pregnant means they have had sex!!! Ooo-errr.

So obviously, men never have 'carnal knowledge' :-S

This is on top of his ban on abortion and he is against birth by caesarean" because "unnecessary" elective caesareans were "unnatural".
Add to that the lack of education for women, and unnecessary restrictions on what they can do.

This would be why my friend Sibel was in the UK.......

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jan 2016 00:03

sheeeeeez!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jan 2016 02:41

How did he (the Turkish PM) think he arrived?

Immaculate conception? The stork?

Maybe he was hatched.

:-(

I'm also wondering............ how the fathers of these babies are coping, doing all the shopping etc. rofl........ and thinking of some of the Turkish men I've met :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Jan 2016 05:14

I don't know about Immaculate Conception, but some men do consider themselves as God :-0

Our local GWN weather presenter has appeared during her two pregnancies and the only complaint that I had was that as we are so low down on the weather map, as the pregnancies advanced, I couldn't see what the temps were going to be :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Jan 2016 08:20

Eve, in the Garden of Eden, managed to cover her feminine qualities by wearing a fig leaf. All she had to worry about at that time was that cold dastardly slithering snake.

But things have changed just a little in the meanwhile.

Allan

Allan Report 25 Jan 2016 08:41

But neither Adam nor Eve had belly buttons :-)

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 25 Jan 2016 09:33

But surely tummy buttons are where God pokes you in the middle when making you, to see if you are done? :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jan 2016 09:37

hahaha Allan.....

I had to laugh when I saw paintings in The Vatican, of Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden........... and they both had belly buttons :-S :-S :-S