General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boris Johnson

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2016 21:30

Don't know about anyone else, but I just love him - think he's a one off - my son and daughter in law met him in Cardiff this evening and she just sent me a photo of herself with him - brill :-D

Von

Von Report 5 Apr 2016 21:45

Sorry Ann I'd get RRd if I told you what I think of him. He is my local MP. ;-) ;-) ;-)

kandj

kandj Report 5 Apr 2016 21:48

AnnC, I can't make my mind up if he is a complete idiot or someone very special????

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2016 22:08

he always makes me laugh :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Apr 2016 22:48

I do too Ann! :-D :-D :-D

I've always wanted to see him go into "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here"!

I think he would be hysterically funny :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2016 23:14

I love him on "Have I got news for you"

Linda

Linda Report 6 Apr 2016 00:26

He's my mums mum MP and she has not seen him since he was elected but when he was running for the seat he was always down there,
waste of space my 93 year old mum says

but I agree he is very funny

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 6 Apr 2016 06:36

Never sure how his career survived after he had an affair and an illegitimate child he never sees but Cecil Parkinson was roundly (and rightly) condemned for exactly the same thing.

Awful man. :-|

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 6 Apr 2016 08:54

Don't underestimate him. His playing to the crowd and buffoonery are deliberately manipulated parts of his public persona. I don't know him, but I'll bet that, underneath, he can be as cold as ice and ruthless.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 6 Apr 2016 09:35

Absolutely, Sheila, a very dangerous and dishonest man.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Apr 2016 10:57

oooer :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 Apr 2016 11:53

Chancers always have an affable demeanour. As Guinevere says don't be taken in by it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Apr 2016 12:24

An absolute idiot in my opinion.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Apr 2016 15:28

He comes across as a buffoon but my opinion is he could be a nasty piece of work behind the personna

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 Apr 2016 17:51

That's 2 LIKES, 8 DONT LIKE and 1 DK then.
To that you can of course add Brave Dave and Gorgeous George at no.11.

Each to his own.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Apr 2016 18:50

He's funny and charming in the manner of a big lollopy labrador who slobbers over you, but has adorable eyes ;-)..... and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him lol. Hard won knowledge that, as Rollo puts it, "Chancers always have an affable demeanour" :-)

Mind like a steel trap he has ( Boris that is not Rollo ;-) ) He knows what he's doing when he plays the fool to win the crowd, helped by a certain way with words. Still I like him better than Dave and George, IDS, Gove et al, who have never made me laugh ;-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 Apr 2016 19:06

Birds of a feather ...

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 6 Apr 2016 21:29

What about his physical likeness to Donald Trump??
Apparently on a visit to the States he was mistaken for Donald.

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 6 Apr 2016 21:41

In my mind I think of him as an overgrown public school boy dying to break into the adult world of politics.

GP

Linda

Linda Report 7 Apr 2016 00:04

Did anyone see his WDYTYA it turns out he is more royal then the royals, maybe one day we will find him living in buck house :-( :-( :-(