General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've been insulted......

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 25 Sep 2018 12:22

…...by my own daughter :-|

I told her that I've been clearing out my wardrobe and in the process had thrown out two shirts which I have had for a number of years :-)

My daughter hated them both and made disparaging comments about them on numerous occasions which, of course, led to me wearing them every time we have visited her ;-)

One was purple and one was pink

Her comment today?

"How will anyone now know that you're gay?" :-|

A dagger through the heart!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 25 Sep 2018 13:05

A wicked sense of humour like her father me thinks :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Sep 2018 13:12

Go on then, how will they?

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Sep 2018 14:39

Maybe the high heel shoes in your wardrobe & nurses outfit don't let your daughter see them sweetie :-D :-D xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Sep 2018 15:06

Do you remember your early morning walks. Ha ha you do then (dustbin) ;-) :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Sep 2018 15:25

'Sticks & stones make break my bones;
But words rarely harm me"! :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Sep 2018 18:47

Hope you hit her with your handbag Allan :-)

David

David Report 25 Sep 2018 19:03

Stop her pocket money

Madge

Madge Report 25 Sep 2018 21:24

You know you can take the girl out of the Northwest of t'ingland and take her to that fancy pancey Australia with your fancy pancey out door swimming pools but you can take the Northern out of her... :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Sep 2018 21:31

I would disown her :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Sep 2018 21:48

Well, thank you all for your commiserations (I think :-S)

I did suggest to her that she could always buy me a purple/pink check shirt for Christmas :-P

Mind you, not that it means anything, but years ago when I lost a good deal of weight, alas now all put back on with interest, the only thing that fitted me without looking like an oversized sack was one of OH's blouses which looked very similar to a man's shirt.

I did wear that for a brief period of time as a work shirt and no one noticed, at least not in the pubs I then drank in ;-) :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Sep 2018 22:00

:-D :-D :-D :-D

So now you're a Big Girl's Blouse then Allan? ;-)

With or without the pink shirt ..... you are quite nuts! But don't change!
Though perhaps the blouse .......... ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Sep 2018 22:04

OH had a couple of Cotton Trader shirts that looked like blouses.They really needed a lacy cardi but I couldn't find any.

Allan

Allan Report 25 Sep 2018 22:14

You can go off people, you know, Jem :-P :-D :-D

Sharron, I've just purchased three pairs of leisure trousers from Cotton traders and they look quite masculine in a feminine sort of way. Nothing that a rolled up pair of socks can't fix.

I say purchased three pairs but in reality one pair was donated by the Company :-0

Two weeks after ordering a pair they had not arrived and after a flurry of emails I was advised that they had been 'lost in transit' and another pair duly despatched which duly arrived. I then ordered another pair which also arrived on time.

about four weeks later OH and I had been out shopping and on arriving home I found a parcel on the doorstep. It contained the missing trousers :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Sep 2018 22:23

I suppose that, now you don't have your shirts to show people you are gay, you will just have to mince harder.

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Sep 2018 22:26

Sounds like a story for Wallace & Grummit Allan & his lost trousers ;-) :-D

Allan

Allan Report 25 Sep 2018 22:29

:-D :-D :-D@Barbra

Well, Sharron, we are fast approaching that time of the year when mincing is most appropriate and acceptable ;-)

Madge

Madge Report 25 Sep 2018 22:37

Well..................what can I say.....I am at a loss for words .........stunned .....I know sharing is caring but ....somethings.. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

should be kept to ones self ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 25 Sep 2018 22:45

:-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 26 Sep 2018 14:29

I think the killer heels gives you away Allan ;-)

Mind...it could be jealousy on my part ....you have great legs ;-)