General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Got some mushrooms

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2018 19:56

I had some mushroom kits delivered last week, did the things you are told to do in the instructions and put them in the wet room to die because I am Killer Queen!

To my delighted amazement, I already have some fair sized king oyster mushrooms.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Oct 2018 21:27

get a bucket full of spent mushroom compost from a mushroom farm if you have one near abouts and youll be delighted or over whelmed ,,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2018 21:52

I once had a lorry load of it.

It is good for the garden apparently but I don't ever remember getting any mushrooms off it. I would not have wanted them then anyway, I was working at the mushroom farm and sick of the sight, smell and feel of the bloody things.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Oct 2018 21:58

:-D :-D.

it is good for the garden the little white heads popping up are a bonus.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2018 22:02

We used to have two mushroom farms in the area where all of us no hopers have worked at some time. Now there are none.

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Oct 2018 20:11

I picked my first mushroom today. It is huge, a king oyster mushroom and there are more following along.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Oct 2018 20:23

Gosh! That was quick! :-D

Was it nice?

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Oct 2018 20:45

I haven't eaten it yet. Don't even like mushrooms that much.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Oct 2018 21:01

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Oct 2018 21:50

I have mentioned before that I am Killer Queen so I wasn't actually expecting to have any mushrooms.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Oct 2018 22:19

Does OH have any suggestions for cooking mushrooms?

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Oct 2018 22:23

He might if I asked him I suppose.

Allan

Allan Report 13 Oct 2018 22:37

Many years ago I used to buy mushroom kits as I have a great fondness for them. The mushrooms that is.

I kept them in the garage and wondered why I never had any success apart from the odd mushroom.

One day I happened to look through the garage window when I was doing some work on the side of the house, and there was our cat merrily helping itself to all the young mushrooms! :-| :-|

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Oct 2018 09:19

Magic!

Allan

Allan Report 14 Oct 2018 10:47

The cat thought so ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Oct 2018 17:01

I am sure there would be good money to be made from a fly agaric kit!

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Oct 2018 00:11

The shittakes didn't happen. One came but the spawn died and started to stink but I have king oysters and, now the grey oysters are beginning to appear.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Oct 2018 00:24

....but have you tasted any?
They may be totally different from shop-bought ones.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Oct 2018 00:31

Only used one king oyster and cut that up in some concoction I chucked together so can't really say what it tasted like.

Don't know what to do with them anyway truth to tell. I didn't expect any to grow.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Oct 2018 00:35

OH could be having mushrooms with every meal soon, then :-D