General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pulled threads

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 10:41

Has the Sir Murray thread about being cast in stone been pulled?

I do wish people wouldn't do that....why post if you'll just pull it when others don't agree fully with you!!

Island

Island Report 14 Jan 2019 11:16

Get over it :-\ :-\ :-\

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 12:26

???

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 15:05

Thing is Rollo by your logic there would not be any old threads on here after a few days bar maybe a couple of very long running ones....but glad we agreed on something I did say it would soon be old news.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 14 Jan 2019 16:31

Waste of good money putting a statue to him or anyone.

Sorry Caroline just changed subject of your thread.

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 16:59

NP
:-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Jan 2019 17:55

Let's sleeping dogs lie
Andy Murray is yesterday's news but folk have nothing else to do but keep repeating things. No doubt my one fan on here will.have a different opinion . :-P

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 19:04

It's not repeating things as such more carrying on something from yesterday, there's a difference.
As for nothing else to do I'm sure I'm not alone in jumping on and off of here all day in between doing other things :-)

Madge

Madge Report 14 Jan 2019 21:44

I always think that people who pulled their own threads for no apparent reason, do not stand by the courage of their own convictions :-D

Allan

Allan Report 14 Jan 2019 21:59

Oops!

I pulled my Happy New Year Thread, and also the one about enjoying my first Christmas in 2019 and looking forward to my second in December.

I'm a coward of my own convictions, all 18 of them in the Magistrates' Court :-0 :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Jan 2019 21:59

If you are referring to the thread I deleted it was totally wrong what people were saying it is my right to do whatever I want on here within reason at least I am honest who made some people on here GR police :-(

Madge

Madge Report 14 Jan 2019 22:15

There is a difference Allan, I would think that was down to basic housekeeping Allan some do some don't. I don't always the rebel :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Barbra if you do not want people to post their honest opinion which is their right, then do not post threads or say so in your opening post " please do not rely unless you 100% agree with me or love fluffy kittens. I added a post on that thread and I make no excuse for the fact I do not like Andy Murray and never have done, I am not a fan of tennis and I think Andy Murray is a mummies boy. My opinion I have the right to express it, GR police can like it or lump it. :-P :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 14 Jan 2019 22:16

We all have freedom of speech

Think you are being childish over your "Andy Murray ""Thread.

It's a wonder you haven't threatened to leave again.

Madge

Madge Report 14 Jan 2019 22:19

Good Evening Sue :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jan 2019 22:20

Oh dear Sue :-D :-D :-D :-D

I do agree with you!

Madge

Madge Report 14 Jan 2019 22:25

I actually do love fluffy kittens <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Jan 2019 23:06

You are just so funny Ha Ha got a pain in my side laughing :-P :-P

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jan 2019 23:49

I started the thread because if there's obvious interest albeit everyone isn't on the same page it's very annoying to find it gone...and it would be very boring if we all agreed totally on everything wouldn't it??

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jan 2019 00:07

it would be extremely boring, more people would leave GR, and everyone would complain that there was nothing of interest on here.

But that is what will happen if people insist on pulling threads because posters are not agreeing with them.

Of course it is possible to prevent threads being pulled prematurely ...................

c&p the OP into a post on the thread, then report the OP ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Jan 2019 01:52

:-D