General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree loading?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Feb 2019 20:54

Apologies for posting here but............... is anyone else having trouble getting their tree to load?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2019 21:10

Yes. Does anyone have a shilling for the meter? ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2019 21:59

Got a washer will that work ?
Yep problems loading tree again! It's the snow what else :-)

Audrey

Audrey Report 3 Feb 2019 00:25

I've had problems since 7pm on 2nd February. Reloaded tree once, but as soon as I went to edit someone it just beach balled

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Feb 2019 03:51

have you tried complaining to GR???

They do not respond to post on the Boards

Contact support .........

[email protected]

They will usually reply in 3 business days ....... they work Monday to Friday, ca 8:30am to ca 4:30 pm

Gillx

Gillx Report 3 Feb 2019 08:45

My tree won't load, it did on the first attempt, but when I tried again nothing happened. It started playing up last night. I hope it's sorted soon.

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Feb 2019 10:16

Looks like we're back in business, guys.

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Feb 2019 10:21

Or maybe not.....

Maureen

Maureen Report 3 Feb 2019 10:32

I haven't been able to download my tree for 2 days
I can't find anywhere on the site to contact Genes to ask about it.
So frustrating!

Maureen

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Feb 2019 11:12

And my subscription is due to be renewed....... I have just emailed them asking to extend the period.

Maureen, here is the email address: [email protected]
But you're right - I couldn't find this on their website (the contact us section sends you round in circles).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2019 11:15

Maureen - you do need to contact GR directly. They'll be able to reset the gedcom download request. It's been know to get 'hung up' in the past.

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Feb 2019 11:44

Lisa they won't answer until tomorrow at least, and good luck with your extension request if it works let us know! :-D

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Feb 2019 12:36

Ha, Caroline - well, I can't see who I'm supposed to be researching! Keep you posted :)

Susan

Susan Report 3 Feb 2019 13:03

I've been having a problem since last night - thought it was my PC settings but obviously not. So annoying !!

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 3 Feb 2019 13:41

Mine is not loading either :-(

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Feb 2019 13:45

What am I going to do with my Sunday afternoon now? :-D

Colin

Colin Report 3 Feb 2019 14:56

Neither is mine

Colin

Colin Report 3 Feb 2019 15:04

Has anyone actually received a reply to any message from Genes Reunited. I have written to them a few times now, including this morning about this issue, but I have NEVER received a reply - not even a standard 'your feedback is important to us' . Clearly we don't matter (its only our money that's important to them and they already have that!).

p.s. I have also ask for recompense.
p.p.s. I have also had to do some proper searching to find the email address - clearly
they don't want to be contacted.

Ian

Ian Report 3 Feb 2019 15:07

It's 15:05 on 3rd February now and the site is still not working. I hope I get a refund or an extra day at the end of my subscription.

Colin

Colin Report 3 Feb 2019 15:14

Has anyone tried ancestry.co.uk ? I'd be interested in opinions - it looks cheaper and, lets face it, I can't say I am very impressed with he GR searches. So, if the tree is not working then the whole site is doom to go the same way as the rest of the DC Thomson empire!