General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

farm scarning Norfolk

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melanie

Melanie Report 9 Dec 2022 20:41

hiya im looking for a shirley rouse maybe married now its been years now, her mum n dad was called jean and reggie rouse they was my god parents ,jean or matty as my mum use to call her was best friends but later in life went their own ways as i believe a personal issuse , just wondered if shiley you are on here or maybe someone knew or knows ,shirley loved horses as i can remember going on hers when i was a bout 11 years old,shirleys birthday i rememeber 21st may as shes a week older than myself,have always wondered how they all was keeping ,please if anyone knows shirley can they passed this message on to her my mum was called ROSEMARY was GODDARD when married to my dad but then after years she married then was jones until she passed away 1999 xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2022 05:51

Look in members trees .which is under the search heading above the boards ,to see if anyone has her listed or if she has a tree on genes

If you find anything you can try to make contact by clicking on the find out more box and sending a message

It’s unlikely she .or anyone who knows her , will just see your enquiry I.m afraid

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2022 06:02

Have you established when Shirley was born as not seeing one with possible parents you name

If you find any records for the parents then you may be able to follow through and find more info on her

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 08:19

I had a look on FMP last night and couldn't find a Reggie/Reginald Rouse marrying a Jean. Is the surname spelling correct?

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 08:53

There is a Shirley Rouse added by a Shirley in 'search members trees'.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2022 10:45

I took a look and nothing came up

Strange !

Now lots are showing !

And the member has the surname I came up with as a possible marriage !

But that one doesn’t have the parents names quotes in the posting

She is on the electoral rolls too till 2018

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 10:54

yes Shirley, born 1955, added by someone with the married surname of a Shirley Rouse.
I don't want to put too much info here for privacy's sake.
Melanie really ought to look in 'search trees' herself and message that person. Of course we all know there isn't always a response... but nothing ventured.. :-)

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 10:59

ah! cross posted. I find FMP sometimes comes up with nothing then another time there's results. I'd got as far as 2018 electoral roll too. Two children, previous short lived marriage...

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 13:26

Melanie now has another thread involving the name Rouse - seems she may not have come back to this one and taken the advise given.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Dec 2022 14:04

I wonder if she knows how to get back onto her threads?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Dec 2022 15:01

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1401044

The other thread

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 16:46

Just trying to make this a bit easier for those of us not there at the time.

Looking for Shirley Rouse > parents Jean and 'Reggie' Rouse.

Jean and 'Reggie' Rouse. > OP's godparents

Jean and OPs mum were best friends

Shirley, poss born 1955 2Q is a week older than OP
Two 1968 records also fit.

OPs mother Rosemary Barker later Bird, married Neville Goddard then ? Jones.
Rosemary passed in 1999.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Dec 2022 17:18

Rosemary and Neville didn't marry until 1965.

So if Shirley is a week older than Melanie . . . . . . ??

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 17:21

It doesn't mean they weren't her parents.

I'm now looking at 1968 2Q for Goddard/Barker. Like wise, there is Shirley Rouse 1968 2Q. which fits with there being a one week gap so another possibility. If only the OP had given such vital information as year of birth for Shirley.
I'm thinking that Norfolk is a bit of a red herring.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Dec 2022 17:46

Melanie was probably born June quarter 1968.

However, the only Shirley Rouse born in that quarter had parents John W and Christine G.

Melanie

Melanie Report 10 Dec 2022 17:51

Shirley was Jean and reggies daughter Shirley was born 21st May 1968 they lived in scarring Norfolk, I don't think Jean and reggie r still alive as its been alot of years since I saw them but Shirley loved horses she be 54 .....

Melanie

Melanie Report 10 Dec 2022 17:52

Scarning Norfolk

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 18:00

Sorry, those records seem to be missing from Find My Past at the moment.

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 18:25

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Island

Island Report 10 Dec 2022 18:27

First name(s) Shirley Ann
Last name Rouse
Birth quarter 2
Birth year 1968
Mother's maiden name Clay
District Worcester
County Worcestershire