General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Erm.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Feb 2023 22:43

Any of you ladies out there
have recommendations for a really good support bra that actually supports a rather large bust?
Thanks.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Feb 2023 22:45

Triumph bras are brilliant :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Feb 2023 23:00

Thanks, I'll look out for them. :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Feb 2023 23:05

I also liked Triumph bras, but Wonderbra were better as I got a little older.

Best is to get the bra fitted by a professional, most of us actually wear the wrong sized bra

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Feb 2023 12:00

Yes Triumph underwired support me very well and do the larger sizes. Buy one with 3 hooks at the back and wide straps.

But expect to pay around £35 upwards, good bras are not cheap.

Florence in the hebrides

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2023 12:34

I now buy online from Uplifted Lingerie.

For years I bought Fantasie Speciality Smooth Underwired bra. These are very comfortable but have two bones on the side and I don't know if they started to use cheaper boning but they started to bend and dig in,

I then changed to Fantasie Illusion which is a support bra which is underwired but is much lighter and has no bones at the side and I find it really comfortable.

When I first started wearing a support bra I went to a local shop where they fitted you properly. I came out wearing a smaller back size but a bigger cup size which took a bit of getting used to as at first I thought it was too tight but after a couple of days I realised that it was much more comfortable and I wasn't getting so much back pain.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2023 13:04

I see that Uplifted Lingerie are offering 20% off certain colours of Fantasie Illusion this week!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Feb 2023 13:05

Triumphs Doreen bra is a good non wired choice - but I agree with the others - get your size checked.

I think Bravissamo is a larger size source.

With stores like Debenhams disappearing getting a fitting is more difficult but M & S do it.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Feb 2023 13:48

I dislike underwired bras and find there are fewer non wired types available. I also find three hooks almost impossible to do up. Two I can manage.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2023 13:49

Uplifted Lingerie often have discounts on well known brands of bras which is why I started using them. Buying decent bras can be expensive so any saving helps. Bravissimo and AmpleBosom are also places to try online.

Kath. x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Feb 2023 14:38

Bravissimo have stores around the country.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Feb 2023 15:51

I checked out Uplifted lingerie and found a lovey black bra by Elomi Morgan and going to order it. Mind you was £38 but that's what I normally pay.

AnnG, I do it up from the front and then twist it round. I could never manage to do up a bra with my hands behind my back.

i do like the bones down the side as they give good support but harder to find them now.

I have bought Bravissimo but found the straps too thin and not enough support for me.

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Feb 2023 17:41

Florence61 I also found Bravissimo to be like like that. I shall be going into town next week to look and be measured.

Thank you ladies for your help and advice. XX.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2023 17:47

Florence - if you haven't already ordered the Elomi Morgan bra there is a 10% discount code advertised on the website for full price items. Code is DISC10

Kath. x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Feb 2023 18:20

ty Kathleen

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Feb 2023 18:33

I ordered it and got the 10% discount. So hoping it will be a good fit and good support, shall come back here & let you know in a few days.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Feb 2023 18:36

ZZzz check to see if you need to make an appointment and don’t forget to try on a few styles as they can need a different size.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Feb 2023 19:33

I haven't worn a bra since 2011 when I had the second mastectomy.

It has been wonderful not to have to wear one!!! But I can still remember how uncomfortable some can be.

I agree with others .......... 3 hooks at the back mean a wider band which was much more comfortable for me, even though it can be difficult to reach round. Florence's suggestion is a good one.

But you can also buy front-fastening bras which are supposed to be good supprt, although I never tried one. It might be worth looking at one of those while trying on different ones in the store.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Feb 2023 00:22

This thread makes me so glad I have a small bust!

i don't wear bra unless I mingle (go to town), and then I just throw on a sports bra.

To be honest, my belly sticks out further than my bust :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Feb 2023 04:57

maggie .......... same here, but it isn't too hard for that to happen, as I'm back to pre-puberty top half :-D :-D :-D :-D