Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

church parish records

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ivy

ivy Report 1 Sep 2010 23:20

could someone please look up the marriage records for hannah pickering and william byron i know that the wedding took place in a parish churc in manchester 1898 as i have the cetificate but the writing is unreadable many thanks

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Sep 2010 23:29

Could really use some dates and a location Ivy.
jan

ivy

ivy Report 1 Sep 2010 23:38

sorry elsie 1900 hannah 1872 not sure how old william was i have found elsie and hannah on the 1901 census they lived in chorlton manchester lancs

ivy

ivy Report 1 Sep 2010 23:39

sorry elsie 1900 hannah 1872 not sure how old william was i have found elsie and hannah on the 1901 census they lived in chorlton manchester lancs

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Sep 2010 23:42

Do you have an occupation for William? Wondering if Hannah died and he re-married - this couple married after Elsie was born:

BYRON, William Head Married M 40 1871 Storekeeper Gas Engine Material Lancs Manchester VIEW
BYRON, Caroline Louies Wife Married
8 years F 37 1874 Lancs Manchester VIEW
BYRON, Elsie Daughter Single F 10 1901 Lancs Manchester VIEW
BYRON, Doris Daughter F 7 1904 Lancs Manchester VIEW
BYRON, Ada Daughter F 5 1906 Cheshire Reddish VIEW
BYRON, Louie Daughter F 4 1907 Lanc Manchester VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
21410 Reference:
RG14PN21410 RG78PN1273 RD443 SD6 ED9 SN364

Registration District:
Stockport Sub District:
Stockport Third Enumeration District:
9 Parish:
Reddish

Address:
90 Bangor Street South Reddish County:
Cheshire

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Sep 2010 23:46

Maybe??

Deaths Jun 1902 (>99%)
BYROM Hannah 30 Chorlton 8c 534

ivy

ivy Report 1 Sep 2010 23:53

thank you so much for the info i didnt know hannah had died so early i always thought it was william that had died

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Sep 2010 00:03

Well, in 1901 Hannah is nead of household but married rather than widowed which implies William has left rather than died.

Marriages Mar 1903 (>99%)
Byron William Manchester 8d 253
Hewitt Caroline Louisa Manchester 8d 253

ivy

ivy Report 2 Sep 2010 00:03

hannah and wlliam married in 1898 i am waiting for there certificate to come so i wont know what his job was

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Sep 2010 00:18

Well, that will be interesting Ivy. Let us know what it says won't you.
jan

ivy

ivy Report 2 Sep 2010 00:44

i will let you know and i can also tell you that thanks to everyone who helped i am now in contact with williams grandson geoff his mother was louie

gorgeoustriplets

gorgeoustriplets Report 2 Sep 2010 08:54

Ivy, it could be that William was not actually in the house when the enumerator called. I was advised by more experienced researchers that if he was (for example) between his place of work and home when the census was taken then he would not have been included. The census apparently only reflects people who were actually in the building at the time.

gorgeoustriplets

gorgeoustriplets Report 2 Sep 2010 08:57

Hi Ivy, "gorgeoustriplets" is my screen name - Geoff Bailey

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Sep 2010 09:24

Ivy, so pleased you have found the "gorgeous" Geoff! Hope this goes some way to solving your puzzle.
Jan

ivy

ivy Report 3 Sep 2010 13:33

hi i got the marriage certificate of hanna and william i am still waiting for elsies birth certificate ,but i cant make out what his profession is as it is badly written .so i am hopping it will be better written on elsie s birth certificate

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Sep 2010 20:53

Ivy, if you want me to have a look, and know how to attach documents to emails, let me know and I'll send you my email address.
Jan

ivy

ivy Report 5 Sep 2010 00:31

my aunty says he was a army sargent she is 76 and may have it wrong is there anyway i can check it out as her memory is not that good

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2010 00:35

As you have sent for Elsie's birth cert i suppose it makes sense to wait for that really.
Jan

ivy

ivy Report 5 Sep 2010 21:41

thanks jan for your help i hope your offer to try and work out what he did is still open as soon as my pc is fixed i will attach it i am at the moment . working on a laptop which i hate i dont even know if i have the right certificate as jeff said williams dad was called john and on the 1 i have it says his dad was called daniel .so the 1 i have may be wrong .,but mine says that hannah s father was called james ellis pickering .james had a few children .2 of his daughters was called hanna and martha and in the 1991 cencurs it shows hanna and martha living together with elsie hannas daughter so i am wondering if there is 2 hannas and 2 williams with a daughter called elsie . this is quite strange as geoff certificate is later than mine as it is william and his second wife caroline so jeff could be right and mine could be wrong so now im stuck

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2010 22:08

Ivy, I'm really sorry but I am struggling a bit with your last post. Getting a bit lost!
While we wait for your computer to behave, it might be an idea to take a deep breath and re-group. Can I ask how you got back to Elsie in the first place?
jan