Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mary gibbard

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 18:37

I'm looking for anyone who has details of a mary Gibbard born in 1866 died 1922 in the london area of finsbury.Her daughter was a Julia Gibbard born 1911. I can't find mary's marriage, she was the widow of a John Gibbard .
kay

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Nov 2010 18:41

location? UK or elsewhere?

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 18:45

She lived in the London area around finsbury .I can't find her in any census or even her children who were born in finsbury/holborn london.On her death certificate it say's she was the widow of a John Gibbard.
kay

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 18:48

Not sure where you got this from - can't see Julia's birth anywhere.
Jan

Gee

Gee Report 11 Nov 2010 18:49

Theres no marriage and I cant find Julia either. Maybe Julia was born to her mothers maiden name

What other info do you have on Mary...her maiden name would help

x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 18:53

Can't even see her death. Unless this is it:

Name: Mary Gibbard
Death Registration Month/Year: 1922
Age at death (estimated): 56
Registration district: Islington
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 1b
Page: 230

Jan

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 18:58

The details about Julia Gibbard were found on her marriage certificate in preston 1941 to a man called Armer .She was there due to the war .on Julia's marriage certificate she say's her father was a Robert Gibbard .
And Mary ,we can't find her maiden name or where she was born .On her younger son's birth certificate ( his name was James Gibbard born 1902 ) it say's mother's maiden name was Gibbard .but no father's on James's this birth certificate .The reason I know this much is because James 1902 was my husband's grandfather .
I hope your not confused .

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 19:01

I am completely confused - was Julia's father Robert or John?
Jan

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 19:02

The details you have stated on her death are definitley
Mary's .I already have that ,it's her marriage and her other childrens details .I've tried everything but I can't seem to move on .

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 19:06

Births Dec 1902 (>99%)
GIBBARD James Thomas Holborn 1b 703

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 19:06

Your not the only one who is confused .Julia 's marriage certificate say's her father was ROBERT Gibbard .Her eldest son John Gibbard say's on his marriage certificate that his father was a John Gibbard .and James 's birth certificate say's no father's name at all .

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 19:09

As I said I have James birth certificate because he was my husband's grandfather .And suprisingly his grandfather knew nothing about his mother's maiden name or even his own father's name .

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 19:13

If the mother is Mary Gibbard on the birth cert she was unmarried. Have you got an address?
Jan

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 19:18

The birth certificate says 57 Bastwick street .holborn in the district of Dinsbury.

Kay

Kay Report 11 Nov 2010 19:22

on Mary's death certificate in 1922 it say's Mary lived in little Saffron street Clerkenwell.She was a street-seller and a widow of John Gibbard.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 23:10

Well, they aren't at the Bastwick St address 1911 unfortunately!

Mike *

Mike * Report 11 Nov 2010 23:14

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1941

GIBBARD Julia - ARMER John Herbert
Preston Register Office or Registrar Attended Preston

Was Robert named as father on Julia's birth certificate or just her marriage?
What names appear for mother Mary ?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2010 23:45

What birth cert I wonder! No trace as far as I can see.
Jan

jax

jax Report 12 Nov 2010 00:05

so was she born 1907??

Name: Julie Armer
Birth Date: 23 Oct 1907
Death Registration Month/Year: Dec 1991
Age at death (estimated): 84
Registration district: Chorley
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 40
Page: 1301

Name: John Herbert Armer
Birth Date: 27 Mar 1910
Death Registration Month/Year: 1980
Registration district: Preston & South Ribble
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 40
Page: 2071

Kay

Kay Report 12 Nov 2010 18:49

Hi All I'm back on line firstly Mike .She had Robert Gibbard on her marriage certificate ,there is no birth details at all .
On her marriage cerificate it say's she is 31 when she got married in 1941 .so I work on the date of 1910/1911.or even 5 years + or -- .thanks to you all for trying to help .And it's good to know that I'm not the only one confused . haha