Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone do a search for me HOYLE

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:24

Hi all can anyone do a search for me im getting nothing from free bmd due to dates i think. Looking for birth entries Ann(e) Hoyle born 1963 Burnley we think Lancs area defo. Also birth and death entries for Ann(e)'s mum Margaret Hoyle but year unknown she was in her 20's when she died of a tragic event killed by taxi not sure if an article can be found again nothing on google again lancs. Ann(e) would of been 3-5 years old when he mother died. Thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 19:36

You are correct about the birth for Ann (without an E). As this person is presumably living, why do you need the information please?

Could you be 'out' a couple of year for her mother's death?
???
Name: Margaret Hoyle
Birth Date: 19 Feb 1932
Date of Registration: Dec 1970
Age at Death: 38
Registration district: Burnley
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10b
Page: 1890

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:40

my mother in law but tracing where she come from as she does not know and was very young when her mum died her brothers now passed away and sister has dementia

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 19:46

Malyon, please DETETE. Ann is still living!!!! EDIT - thank you Malyon

The same info sent by PM + Margaret's marriage. That was to protect her privacy to disguise her mothers maiden name.

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:46

Brilliant thank you is there anyway of tracing the news from 1970 from Margaret Hoyle? Im believing Margaret Hoyle nee Hartley married Ernest Hoyle but date unknown

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:48

We think Margaret married Ernest Hoyle? both of the two named are deceased

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 19:49

Check your messages. If in doubt, with your mother in laws permission, order her BC

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 19:50

Margaret died in 1970. Did you mean that James, her husband may have remarried?

If you meant who were her own parents, then you may need to purchase the MC to check the father's name(s)

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:53

She said her dad was Ernest... confused

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:54

Yes Margaret whom died was hit by a drunk taxi driver but i cant find an article and pretty sure there would of been ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 19:57

Perhaps it woud be best if you ordered the BC :-S

I've been looking for a Margaret H******* born in Feb 1932. Its shown on freeBMD.

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:58

ok will re look and i think because i had the maiden name wrong i couldnt find it.

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 19:58

ok will re look and i think because i had the maiden name wrong i couldnt find it.

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 20:01

Found a poss birth although on the death entry states her birth is feb 1932 so.... ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 20:05

A birth can be registered up to 6 weeks afterwards. The index is divided into quarters, so you'd expect if would be Jan-Mar 1932

There is always the possibility that her husband was so distraught, he gave the wrong year when he registered the death. It does happen!

ADDED - although the death index says Dec, it actually means the death was registered in Oct, Nov or Dec. She could have died at the end of Sept

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 20:11

no i know i mean the entry i see for the birth is a different quarter to the stating on the death but i guess your right the family was just sure the fathers name was Ernest and not James but i can find no Ernest at all marrying a Hartley

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 20:19

There is one 1932 Jan-Feb for Margaret E, mmn Hawkins in Wharfedale?
I can see the ones on Mar-May in the same year, without a second name.

As there is confusion over Mr Hoyle's name, it really might be best to order Ann's BC :-D

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 20:24

Yer think il have to although it was said he isnt on there but i think he must be

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2015 20:26

Can you remember the names of Margarets brothers and years so we can trace back to their births? They'd probably be on freebmd for you to check yourself

G83

G83 Report 25 Oct 2015 20:39

she doesnt know she was 7 when her mum died so she doesnt know alot at all