Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

** 2nd Pair of eyes required PLEASE **

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lise

Lise Report 7 Mar 2006 12:56

I need help tracing back this person, I think I might have gone wrong somewhere ???? I'll start with Susan Parington was born 01.04.1907 greengate, lancashire, her birth certificate states her father was called richard partington occupation machinery painter, her mother was called susan statham, they lived at 5 barlow street, pendleton. Richard partington 1870 and susan statham 1869 married on 9th feb 1907 at pendleton, lancashire, at the time of marriage susan lived at 5 barlow street occupation hard to read, father john statham (deceased) johns occ looks like scrap foiler ? but richard lived at 13 thomas street occupation a painter, his father WILLIAM partington (also deceased) occ looks like a weaver. THIS IS WHERE THE FUNSTARTS I have which I thought was richards birth certificate 1870 (8d 127 salford) his fathers name says RICHARD partington though, occ railway enginer driver, his mother hannah mcDonald, living at what looks like 26 walter street, Does this look like it could be the wrong birth cert for richard. I also have a birth cert for susan statham 1867 ((8d 12 salford) Im not so sure this is her now either. Please could you trace back to see if my information is accurate or not ?? Much obliged A very distessed Lise..

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 13:04

This may read easier! Susan Parington was born 01.04.1907 Greengate, Lancashire, Her birth certificate states her father was called Richard Partington occupation machinery painter, Her mother was called Susan Statham, They lived at 5 barlow street, pendleton. Richard partington 1870 and Susan Statham 1869 married on 9th feb 1907 at pendleton, lancashire, At the time of marriage Susan lived at 5 barlow street occupation hard to read, father John Statham (deceased) Johns occ looks like scrap foiler ? Richard lived at 13 thomas street occupation a painter, his father WILLIAM Partington (also deceased) occ looks like a weaver. THIS IS WHERE THE FUNSTARTS I have which I thought was richards birth certificate 1870 (8d 127 salford) his fathers name says RICHARD Partington though, occ railway enginer driver, his mother Hannah McDonald, living at what looks like 26 walter street, Does this look like it could be the wrong birth cert for richard. I also have a birth cert for Susan Statham 1867 ((8d 12 salford) Im not so sure this is her now either. Please could you trace back to see if my information is accurate or not ?? Much obliged A very distessed Lise.. ..........................

Lise

Lise Report 7 Mar 2006 13:06

thanx dd lise

Pete

Pete Report 7 Mar 2006 13:09

We established on another thread that the Richard Partington whose birth cert you have with parents: Father- Richard Partington and Mother - Hannah partington (formerly McDonald) was married and with a child named Richard Mcdonald Partington by the time of the 1901 census. Pete

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:09

You might have the wrong birth certificate..........one of these could be your with father William. Births Mar 1870 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PARTINGTON Richard Salford 8d 127 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Jun 1870 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Partington Richard Bolton 8c 372 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Dec 1871 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Partington Richard Manchester 8d 262 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:15

This looks like the Bolton birth.........father William. 1871 Ellen Partington abt 1847 Egerton, Lancashire, England Wife Great Bolton Lancashire Richard Partington abt 1870 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Great Bolton Lancashire William Partington abt 1840 Bolton, Lancashire, England Head Great Bolton Lancashire

Pete

Pete Report 7 Mar 2006 13:18

If you do a search on the 1901 census site (rather than on Ancestry) there is a Richard PARTINGTON age 27 occupation house painter. Born Miles Platting Lancs. (being a southerner I've never heard of the place!) and from Ancestry his details: Name: Richard Partington Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1874 Relation: Boarder Gender: Male Where born: Miles Platting, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Manchester Ecclesiatical parish: Newton Heath St Augustine County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Source information: RG13/3753 Registration district: Manchester Sub-registration district: St George ED, institution, or vessel: 25 Folio: 86 Page: 5 Oh yes, and he's single.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 13:18

Not sure what this leads to, BUT 1871 search for Richard Partington b1870 +/- 1 year throws up ONLY ONE RESULT. Richard Partington abt 1870 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Great Bolton Lancashire ............... :- Ellen Partington abt 1847 Egerton, Lancashire, England Wife Great Bolton Lancashire Richard Partington abt 1870 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Great Bolton Lancashire William Partington abt 1840 Bolton, Lancashire, England Head Great Bolton Lancashire here is Richard with FATHER WILLIAM. ! So you should be looking for Richard born in Bolton area. I see I was last to arrive at the party AGAIN !!!! Elaine ;-) Births Jun 1870 Partington Richard Bolton 8c 372 ----------------- ???? Marriages Mar 1870 Isherwood Ellen Bolton 8c 347 Partington William Bolton 8c 347 ------------ 1901 census: NOT sure about this as the years of birth are WAY out Ellen Partington abt 1852 Egerton, Lancashire, England Head Bolton Lancashire Richard Partington abt 1877 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Bolton Lancashire Robert H Partington abt 1874 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Bolton Lancashire 1891: Same family again ... years of birth are WAY out again ... so don't think it's YOUR Richard with mum Ellen. ??? Images definately give Richard as being born in 76 /77. :-(

Pete

Pete Report 7 Mar 2006 13:25

Why are we assuming that the Richard who married in 1907 was born 1870+/- a year? Pete

Suzy

Suzy Report 7 Mar 2006 13:26

Lise The William Partington on the 1871 is a 'collier', whereas on your Richard's marriage certificate it says 'weaver' . However, the majority of people on the same census page are something to do with the cotton trade. Strange. Suzy

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:32

By 1881 Richards and parents births change quite a bit from 1871?? Ellen Partington abt 1849 Egerton, Cheshire, England Wife 25 Bk Foundry St, Great Bolton, Lancashire, England Richard Partington abt 1876 Bolton Son 25 Bk Foundry St, Great Bolton, Lancashire, England Robert Hy. Partington abt 1874 Bolton Son 25 Bk Foundry St, Great Bolton, Lancashire, England William Partington abt 1836 Daubhill Bolton Head 25 Bk Foundry St, Great Bolton, Lancashire, England

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:36

1891. Ellen Partington abt 1850 Egerton, Lancashire, England Head Great Lever Lancashire Richard Partington abt 1876 Great Lever, Lancashire, England Son Great Lever Lancashire Robert H Partington abt 1874 Bolton, Lancashire, England Son Great Lever Lancashire

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 13:38

1881: 25 Bk Foundry St, Great Bolton, Lancashire, England William Partington abt 1836 Daubhill Bolton Head Ellen Partington abt 1849 Egerton, Cheshire, England Wife Richard Partington abt 1876 Bolton Son Robert Hy. Partington abt 1874 Bolton Son I THINK that something is wrong somewhere ...! Richard was definately alive for the 1871 census ....... BUT I wonder if THAT Richard died and William and Ellen had another son in 1874/6 ????? Strange !!

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 13:40

Lise, Are Richard & Susan, 37 & 38 years old on Marriage cert please ? Elaine ;-)

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:44

Ellen is Widowed by 1901 so would tie in with father being deceased on marriage certificate.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 13:49

Births Jun 1877 PARTINGTON Richard Bolton 8c 421 I have a feeling that the first Richard died .... Deaths Jun 1871 Partington Richard aged 1 Bolton 8c 207 This COULD be Dad's death ...if he was born in 1840 ... Deaths Sep 1882 Partington William aged 42 Bolton 8c 237

Lise

Lise Report 7 Mar 2006 13:54

** F C Michigan ** Ii have richard age 33 bachelor and susan spinster 38 ?? Does this make sence either.. lise

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Mar 2006 13:58

Age 33 in 1907 would make him born 1874/75

Lise

Lise Report 7 Mar 2006 13:59

Still not totally clear, Are we saying Richards parents were william and Ellen ?? Lise

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Mar 2006 14:03

If he was married in 1907 aged 33 this makes him born 1874 ish ! Why had you got a birth cert for someone born in 1870 ? His marriage certificate says his father is named William .... I think you should go with that for now. He MAY have been a year or so out with his age ... The only Richard's b 1870 ish, on the 1881 & 1871 who have William as father are the one's shown abaove. Father: William Mother: Ellen Father is deceased on the marriage cert ... and is NOT on 1891 & 1901 with Ellen .... so... all things considered ... ******************************************************************* THIS is nonsense now - since Richard was NOT born in 1870 ....... ******************************************************************