Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW SITE FAMILY RELATIVES

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 17 Jan 2005 02:20

SHOCK AND GASP, THE NEW SITE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UP AND RUNNING IN NOVEMBER BUT HAS BEEN DISPLAYING COMING SOON SINCE THEN HAS JUST COME ONLINE. HAPPY HUNTING. LOL SHIRLEY

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2005 02:50

Shirley Is it working now? We all registered earlier and then couldn't use it cos it had no facility for buying credits! Lou

Shirli

Shirli Report 17 Jan 2005 12:14

Hi - have just bought some credits on this site. It is very like the 1837 site. I will do some more research and see how I get on and let you know. Am a bit disappointed with it.

Val

Val Report 17 Jan 2005 13:51

I had a look for my grandad who died in 1967 but he was not on the site

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 17 Jan 2005 14:06

A lot of information isn't there - I'm not, and neither are my brothers, mother or father (and these are just the ones I've looked for).

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 17 Jan 2005 14:18

What site is this? Do you have a web address, Many thanks, Lorraine

Angela

Angela Report 17 Jan 2005 14:20

What is the address of the site? Sounds worth a go.

Val

Val Report 17 Jan 2005 14:59

The site is familyrelatives.org

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 17 Jan 2005 15:15

gosh it annoys me that credits have a use by date ! If you pay money to use the site, why can't you use it whenever you want !!! AGHHHHHHH Number of Units Currency Cost Valid (in days) 60 $ - US Dollars 10.00 30 days 100 $ - US Dollars 18.00 30 days 160 $ - US Dollars 27.00 30 days 270 $ - US Dollars 45.00 60 days 640 $ - US Dollars 90.00 60 days 1200 $ - US Dollars 180.00 90 days

Pamela

Pamela Report 17 Jan 2005 15:53

Just put a thread on about buying credits refused me twice. I wantd to use Visa Pam

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 16:55

Does it charge you if it doesn't find anything?

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 16:59

What a load of cr*p!!! It is not fully transcribed. I can't find my birth or any of my sisters. And it says that for 'Chloe Perren' 1921-1983 there were 305 results and none of them are Chloe Perren!!! Chloe

Patricia

Patricia Report 17 Jan 2005 17:27

Guess what. I'm not on it either. RUBBISH.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 17 Jan 2005 17:46

If you are searching the years 1866 to 1920 then it is fully transcribed and full name searchable - unlike freebmd which is not complete and 1837 which allows you to search by a full name, but doesn't guarantee that they will be on the page. If you are searching the years 1921 to 1983, then these years are NOT complete and only allows you to search by surname. (It will also bring up the first and last person on the page of the index, so to get what you want, you will need to view the index page) If you are searching the years 1984 - 2002 then this is fully searchable, but you cannot view images of the pages of index. The years 1837 to 1865 are being transcribed so will be coming soon. So if you are looking for an event between 1866-1920 then it is very useful.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 19:17

Thanks Siobahn. Might have to buy some credits.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 17 Jan 2005 19:30

Why do they need your address? Do they send you any junk through the post? Lucia :-)

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Jan 2005 17:14

Hello the site refused me twice I complained, got a email back saying it might be the address. Alright so I put the full state in Australia I live in. It seems to work transaction successful procede on, print copy off. continue on Transaction refused , but it told me it was successful!. I am getting a bit annoyed now! Sent another email, recieved one back apologising have my credits plus 30 extra. Now I log on first hit find my mother and aunties. Why cannot I view the imagine? They took credits off for it . Am I thick I presume with a magnifing glass I can view. I just get a page with a square in corner. I have tried but no luck, is it Me!! Or is it to late in the night. Has anyone else had this trouble?

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 18 Jan 2005 17:40

Hello Pamela The image you view will just be an index exactly like what you get on 1837 it is not an actual image of the certificate. You need to make sure you have the view installed to view the images. Go to the help section on the website for instructions. regards, Siobhan

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Jan 2005 18:15

I've had a few 'trial runs' on the free search - without any luck, but then it DOES state that it is not complete as yet. Like anything new, it is gonna take us time to get used to this new site and how it can help us - I'm keeping my fingers crossed - they are bound to have teething problems. With regards to costs - I have just been 'scanning' the small print, and I did see that if you view an image the first time, obviously you are charged - but once you have viewed it - you can view it for free as many times as you like for 3 months! Anne in Kent

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Jan 2005 18:33

Just had the same problem as Pam - purchased a few units to test it further. It accepted my card and confirmed the purchase as succesful - then on the next page told me i was declined and there are no units showing. Have just sent an email demanding why - so we will see what they come up with.