General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aunty rushed in to hospital

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 22 Dec 2013 15:06

Been in hospital all night with my aunty she was doing really well but started to feel really sleepy and sweaty so we called the Doctor last night and she was rushed in to hospital as her oxygen levels were very low it turns out she has pnuemonia :-(
Rachx

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 22 Dec 2013 15:13

RoseoftheShires - not a nice thing to happen at any time let alone just before Christmas, hopefully your aunt will get the treatment she needs and will make a full recovery from the pneumonia <3

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 22 Dec 2013 15:30

Thank you x

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 22 Dec 2013 15:56

Oh our Rose, what a time of year to be in hospital :-( Please try not to stress yourself too much.

Sue <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 22 Dec 2013 16:17

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your aunt Rach
Florence
in the hebrides <3

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 22 Dec 2013 17:12

All good wishes - Liz

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 22 Dec 2013 17:42

Sending your Aunty positive thoughts and prayers and you take care, <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2013 19:06

Positive thoughts to your aunt, Rose. xxxx

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 22 Dec 2013 21:19

Thank you all we have just got back from the hospital and nothing much has changed she is still on oxygen and IV antibiotics they are a litle concerned with her pulse which has been racing since yesterday. She got very upset knowing she wouldnt be here on Christmas Day so we are taking it to her.

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Dec 2013 21:23

Rach <3 <3

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 22 Dec 2013 21:30

Wishng a speedy recovery for your Aunt.

Best wishes Rach.

xx.. <3..xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Dec 2013 21:52

For Rach <3 <3

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting tired and I need someone to rely on

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on

And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything,
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know

I'm getting old and I need someone to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
'Cause this could be the end of everything,

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Dec 2013 22:26

A big ))Hug(( for you Rach.

The treatment for pneumonia isn't pleasant.........but i wish your Aunt a very speedy recovery.

<3 <3 <3

kandj

kandj Report 22 Dec 2013 23:30

I hope your Aunt will feel more comfortable before long, she is in the right place and I hope she will be well taken care of and you can relax a little.

Jane

Jane Report 23 Dec 2013 06:53

<3 to you all Rachel.Will be thinking of you over Christmas and I hope your Aunty can be kept as comfortable as possible while she is in hospital having this treatment .xxxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Dec 2013 07:29

What a shame your Aunty is so poorly, I hope she will feel lots better soon and can enjoy her Christmas lunch with you even tho not in your home.

Take care, and try to get a bit of rest in between visiting and all the other things you have to do.

Lizxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 23 Dec 2013 23:11

Dear Rose

Hello

I am very sorry to hear your Aunt is not well.

I hope she is feeling a bit better today and that you have been able to get some rest yourself.

Caring thoughts to you and your family.

Very best wishes to you all
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

kandj

kandj Report 23 Dec 2013 23:39

I hope that your Aunty is feeling a little bit better today Rose and that you can find time to relax a little between visiting her.

RoseoftheShires

RoseoftheShires Report 28 Dec 2013 16:34

Well xmas day we were told Aunty has a blood clot on her lung along with the punemonia and a very high white blood count which concerns them somewhat as it is to high just for the pnuemonia and sadly an oxygen tank was accidently dropped on my aunties feet on Christmas day but as she was so poorly we didnt know until boxing day when my Mum went to rub some cream into her feet and saw not only are her feet bruised and swollen but the swelling has gone all the way up her legs we are furious as this has really knocked her back when will it all end? I am full of dispair and my mum and I are agruing its relentless.
hope you all had a good christmas
Rach <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Dec 2013 16:45

So sorry to hear that your auntie has had another setback with the oxygen tank accident.
The very least they could have done was to notify you, not let your mum find out when she was tending to her needs.
You must all feel on edge with this situation and I hope that you ..and aunt... get treated with more respect and that her condition improves.

Gwyn x