General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Malaysian airliner

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2014 16:59

A Malaysian airliner reportedly with 295 people on board has crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, on a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

Malaysia Airlines said it had lost contact with Flight MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukraine,

Those poor people. there are talks of a possible missile hit. (BBC news)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2014 17:03

Just heard, Sad news.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 17 Jul 2014 17:08

Dreadful news..just looking at the updates now.. :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 17 Jul 2014 17:11

If it's true that a missile brought this aircraft down whichever country did this it's a crime and people must be brought to account.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 17 Jul 2014 17:19

They are not sure yet what has happened..

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 17 Jul 2014 17:37

According to wires.....Russia supplied separatists with more sophisticated missiles. Separatists claimed that had downed a cargo plane but it is being reported it was the airliner.

Edit: I can only report what is on the International news agencies! Not my opinion just passing it on.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 17 Jul 2014 17:58

Thoughts and prayers go out to passengers and their families...at this sad time.. <3

Magpie

Magpie Report 17 Jul 2014 18:10

What a terrible thing - those poor poor people. The world has gone quite mad, and if this plane was shot down then it is crime and people MUST be brought to account.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Jul 2014 18:56

Innocent people.........

this is evil.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/07/18/02/23/malaysia-airlines-jet-crash-ukraine

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 Jul 2014 19:54

It's reported that there were some English people on the pane.

It is a crime and the people who ordered/shot the plane down should be brought to justice.

Dermot

Dermot Report 17 Jul 2014 20:00

The sale of deadly weapons is limitless.

But, who sells what to whom?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Jul 2014 21:19

Look, airplanes, real time

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

Avoiding Ukranian air space so as to make a great circle route costs a lot of money. Malaysian are well known for cheap fares to KL, Bali and Australia.

Linda

Linda Report 17 Jul 2014 21:59

I heard on one of the news reports that there was 23 Americans on board

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2014 22:45

And, I think 26 Australians and 6 British plus many other nationalities. Schipol is a hub so many nationalities fly there to go on to other places.

Allan

Allan Report 18 Jul 2014 01:25

Apparently, many of the passengers were en-route to Australia to attend a major HIV/Aids Conference :-(

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 18 Jul 2014 01:34

Been watching this for a couple of hrs.
27 Australians so far.
Malaysians in charge again.
They will probabably ask the Ozzies to help them out.

Bill in Oz

Allan

Allan Report 18 Jul 2014 02:03

Bill,

by the time authorities are allowed to reach the site, I bet any evidence that it may have been shot down, will have disappeared

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 18 Jul 2014 02:11

Allan,
First Australian already on the scene,Rest of the team already on the way via Warsaw.
He reports nothing touched so far ?.
Rebel group have banned people from the west so far.

Many Aids experts on the flight.

No airline restrictions on flights above 33k.

Other airlines still using. (Til' today) this route.

Bill in Oz

Allan

Allan Report 18 Jul 2014 02:22

Thanks for that, Bill

OH is watching the television reports at the moment, but I'm in a separate room.

I'm really going to have to buy a laptop :-|

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 18 Jul 2014 03:12

I took this flight from Amsterdam on my way back to NZ via KL It was the same MH17 but mine left 3 hours earlier and on 19th July 2012

I was going to travel again this year So glad I changed my mind. I use this flight so I can fly over to Durham Teesvalley Airport Easier than flying into London

Think twice about using it again. Hoping to go next year