General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY the film

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Feb 2015 12:51

Will you be going to see the film

I myself will be giving it a miss :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Feb 2015 12:54

Nope but then we dont go to the cinema now anyway

Read the 1st book and thought it poorly written with the similar scenario over and over again

No I didnt buy the book either it was given to me :-(

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Feb 2015 12:58

I think there may only be me and Stray
that's never read the books Shirley
Most of our friends raved over it

Two Sisters
by Nancy Livingston is more my style of book :-D :-D

or any Jean Plaidys

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Feb 2015 13:06

No, and I didn't read the book either, read an extract online but it was so badly written I wouldn't want to read more.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Feb 2015 13:07

Yes Budgie that may very well come true :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 Feb 2015 13:14

Didn't read it. Friend read all three then admitted she only did it so she wasn't left out of the conversation with friends. Said it was very badly written and she was very bored with them. She won't be seeing the film.

Don't know if the film will be available here but I won't be going. :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Feb 2015 13:18

I went to see magic mike with my granddaughter
who's in her 20s
and spent the full time hiding behind my popcorn

I was traumatised

so this film isn't for me :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2015 13:32

I bought the trilogy but only read a portion of the first one and decided it was a load of rubbish so sold them to another sucker - will not be going to see the film - my friend is going to see it tonight - I'll wait and see what she thinks of it

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 13 Feb 2015 14:37

Would rather poke my eyes out with rusty nails!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Feb 2015 15:01

Never read the books...

No interest in the film.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 13 Feb 2015 15:28

Me too, Emma.

Heard what the subject was when the first one was published, and decided to give it a miss.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Feb 2015 15:40

Never read the books (are there 3?)
Certainly won't be wasting money on seeing the film.

When there was all the hype over Dan Brown's book - the Da Vinci Code, I had a vague interest in the subject.
Rather than give Brown more royalties, I bought the book from a charity shop. Read it, dismissed it, and gave it back to the charity shop

I won't be doing this with 50 Shades of Grey, as I have no interest in a total stranger's sexual fantasies!!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 13 Feb 2015 15:48

There are people protesting about the film because they say it includes child abuse.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 13 Feb 2015 16:09

Sounds like absolute dross, just like Lady Chatterley's Lover over rated load of rubbish.
Still if you fancy trying something in the bedroom a little less "magnolia" I don't see any harm in it :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Feb 2015 16:14

There is some disturbing merchandise:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/08/fifty-shades-of-grey-tacky-merchandise

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 13 Feb 2015 16:31

No, not interested in seeing the film.

I was given the book by someone who claimed it was "great, couldn't put it down" but admitted it was the only book she's ever read all the way through (the shame!!!!) .
Anyway, the book sat on my bookshelf for ages until I finally decided to take a look and see what all the fuss was about. Huh, looked like a load of poorly written rubbish to me, so instead of reading it I donated it to Oxfam. :-S

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 13 Feb 2015 18:44

I have the books because they came with a package of books a friend gave me for kindle. I read them to see what everybody was raving about. Wasn´t impressed at all and would certainly never bother with anything else written by her. As for the film not a chance of me watching it,

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Feb 2015 18:45

The only 50 shades of grey I will see is my hair in the mirror :-D :-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 13 Feb 2015 19:06

I found my first grey hair last week
it was hiding in my eyebrow :-( :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Feb 2015 20:48

I am going grey gracefully no edit that....... disgracefully ;-) :-D :-D :-D