General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is going on in Paris Tonight?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Nov 2015 21:56

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Social Media is awash with multiple reports from various parts of the city

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Nov 2015 22:08

3 incidents, at least 30 deaths, and hostages being held.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Nov 2015 22:11

Only speculating, but I wonder if it's a payback for the alleged death of Jihad John. :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Nov 2015 22:17

thinking the same myself Mildred

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 13 Nov 2015 22:27

20 minutes ago

Paris attacks 'a direct response to Jihadi John strike'

The "coordinated and complex" attacks in Paris appears to be a direct response to the targeted strike on notorious Islamic State militant Mohammed Emwazi - also known as "Jihadi John", an anti-terror source has told ITV News.

World
Paris

magpie

magpie Report 13 Nov 2015 22:31

OMG, how terrible is this news. God only knows where or how it will all end. Heartfelt sympathy for all the victims.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 Nov 2015 22:36

As Children In Need was on the TV, I had forgotten that the 10pm news would still be broadcast.
Reports had been popping up on social media for about 30 mins before the news came on .

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 13 Nov 2015 22:44

I have been following this across the news networks and social media.

It's shocking, murderous and will achieve nothing except heartache for families.

The racist comments being spouted in connection with this are unbelievable, no sympathy for the victims or concern about the injured and hostages. European white supremacists who I hope will be tracked down and held to account.

We can only hope it ends soon without more loss of life.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 13 Nov 2015 22:55

My thoughts go out to all the families in Paris tonight

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Nov 2015 23:26

No words to describe how I feel.

My thoughts are with the victims' families & the hostages & their families <3 .. heartbreaking

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Nov 2015 23:35

Our son was at the football match. He is ok but getting back home to Issy is going to be difficult 'cos nobody wants to go on the metro. There has been an attack at Les Halles one of the main metro/RER interchanges.

My OH is a Parisienne and has a lot of family in the city.

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/fusillade-dans-le-10eme-arrondissement-a-paris-des-blesses-8683393.html

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 13 Nov 2015 23:38

I hope they are safe Rollo, getting updates on twitter re friends and where they are, hope you can keep updated too.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Nov 2015 23:43

Thoughts and prayers for the people of France tonight.

And to those trying to make contact with friends and family.

Really lost for words.

Glad to hear you have heard from your son Rollo.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Nov 2015 23:51

bande de cons
merde merde merde
the borders are closed we cannot go home and even if we could what could we do most of our kith and kin are ok but two are missing ...
especes de rebeu
my OH is doing her nut
c'est le pire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wrEPodMI0

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 14 Nov 2015 00:05

Rollo
Twitter
#porteouverte

Open Doors from Paris residents offering shelter to anyone who is stranded in the city.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 14 Nov 2015 00:06

National Holidays
3 mins ·

We are closely monitoring the situation in Paris this evening. We do have holidays staying around the Paris area. We have contacted all of our drivers on these holidays and all of our clients are safe and well inside the hotels we are using. We will monitor events as they unfold. Our thoughts are with the people of Paris this evening.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Nov 2015 00:07

Taxi drivers have turned off their meters and residents are opening their doors.

They need commending because they are taking chances in order to help the good people of Paris.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Nov 2015 00:21

four terrorists have been throwing grenades at the hostages in the Bataclan Paris media reports poss. over 100 dead; the police are going in now

Our son got a lift.
The taxis are not that much better an option than the metro though sevceral lines are now shut anyway.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 14 Nov 2015 00:25

Reports of a huge fire at a refugee camp just outside Calais :-(

Not being shown on UK MSM, so unconfirmed.

This needs to stop!

Edit: being reported as untrue, one good piece of news.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Nov 2015 01:05

2 hostages reported killed at the Bataclan music hall, where a California band was playing.

At least 40 more killed at the other sites, in additon to the at least 100 killed at the Bataclan.

Rollo .......... glad your son is safe. Hope your OH's other relatives and friends are all also safe